OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   TBCB General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   TBCB 2013 Manual V1 is here! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=233673)

Infinity 06-23-2013 04:39 AM

TBCB 2013 Manual V1 is here!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3%20Manual.pdf

This is the first version of the manual. As the game is updated, and suggestions are made, or contributors come up with new things I've missed, the manual will be updated. This is a temporary location, as P.I.S.D. Ltd will host the manual once approved and completed.

In the meantime, please take a look at what's been done, and give input as to how it can be improved upon!

John

Disclaimer: This is the first time I've done anything like this, so I fully expect that it will need improvements. Any suggestions & constructive criticism is appreciated

Lee 06-23-2013 04:45 AM

Bravo, kudos for your work on this John.

I am skimming through it now because I am in Zombie state but it looks great! Will give it a thorough read in the AM when I am fresh.

Infinity 06-23-2013 04:56 AM

Lee,

Thanks for the kind words, might I request a sticky for this?

John

Cap 06-23-2013 08:30 AM

Thanks for stepping up and doing this job, John. Well done.

Cap

Jabez54 06-23-2013 09:49 AM

I, totally agreed with the mates, here ... An excellent manual ... many thanks is not enough ... Should definitely be a stickie ...:thumbup:

javier_83 06-23-2013 01:55 PM

Thanks a lot Inifinity!! for your time!! and your effort in this Manual!!

Excelent Work!!

pisdpaul 06-23-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinity (Post 3524258)
Lee,

Thanks for the kind words, might I request a sticky for this?

John

Done, and again, thanks a lot for doing this...

Jabez54 06-23-2013 06:04 PM

Sweet, Paul ... Thanks for being the "savior" of this beautiful Game !!!:flowers::thumbup:

Hanson Bros 06-23-2013 06:25 PM

excellent work John

rotorhead 06-23-2013 09:01 PM

Manual looks great! BTW - welcome back

BradC 06-24-2013 03:52 PM

Many thanks for doing this.

SAL 06-26-2013 12:39 AM

Thanks for the manual and your time John. Very well done!

McClearyMauler 07-01-2013 03:17 AM

Yeah thanks for all your time putting this togeather

Infinity 07-09-2013 11:52 PM

Hey folks,

Thanks for all the kind words on the manual, it really means a lot!

That being said, please, if I've missed something, or not explained something clearly enough, LET ME KNOW!

John

michael92 09-01-2013 11:44 AM

thank you very much for all you have done it helps me enjoy the game that much more your great john...just a quiestion you might have an answer for. Since you wrote this manual the auto-scheduler no longers works? or does not work the same do you have any update for this im really lost and use it a lot

Infinity 10-14-2013 03:22 AM

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the kind words! I use the auto-scheduler just fine myself, can you explain to me in a bit more detail what your problems are? Perhaps I can help you figure it out. One thing, if you've not heard this yet:

If you are running a 64 bit Windows OS delete the 32 bit .exe file, as that can cause unintended crashes. The problem is Windows will automatically load the 32 bit file if it's on there, and it won't run properly on a 64 bit OS. This may have nothing to do with your issue, but I've been having to explain this to a lot of folks on the P.I.S.D. forums in any case....:D

Sorry for the slow reply, I've not checked this thread in over a month, I'll keep closer tabs from now on.

Also folks, we are working on setting the manual up on a Wiki, and as soon as Paul tells me it's ready we will post it here.

John

pisdpaul 10-14-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinity (Post 3585576)

Also folks, we are working on setting the manual up on a Wiki, and as soon as Paul tells me it's ready we will post it here.

Sorry John, I thought I had sent you a PM... The wiki is now linked as the main document. If you press F1 or click on the medical case in the game you are taken to the wiki...

At the moment its a copy of the manual John created for us, again massive thanks for that! The idea is that now its a wiki, we can easily improve and enhance it as new issues are found. I have already added two new sections hotkeys and cookies. I am looking to add a section on the config file as well.

If you want to add or enhance a section to the document please speak to John as he overseeing this for us...

Infinity 12-16-2013 08:21 PM

Manual Update

I have updated the Judges page to explain ratings and how to create your own judges.

APBAgreat 09-20-2014 08:58 PM

4 hidden cookies

What does this mean?

pisdpaul 09-22-2014 04:21 AM

Cookies are small hidden features in the game. They came about as not every feature I tried to add to TB2013 worked as intended. So rather than releasing the game with a naff feature I hid them as cookies. Cookies are somtimes called "Easter eggs" as you have to hunt them out in the same fashon as your eggs on Easter morning!

Easter egg (media) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See here for what they are and how to enable them:
Title Bout Championship Boxing - Manual