OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   TBCB Feature suggestions / Wish list (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   TBCB 3 suggestion thread (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=149389)

mh2365 06-08-2007 08:33 PM

TBCB 3 suggestion thread

I think it needs it's own thread!

Scoman 06-08-2007 08:41 PM

As stated by Andreas:

Title Bout Championship Boxing version 3 is already in development now! The plan is to release it in 2007. I'm currently giving it a complete overhaul to get a strong basis for the role playing mode, which will be added to the game in this upcoming version. Role playing mode means that you can play the game as a manager. Set up contracts with boxers, manage their training, schedule fights and either try to earn as much money as possible or try to win the championship in one or more divisions. Or try to achieve both.

So does this mean you will have control of the boxer in fights or will that be based on the trainer you hire?

How will Title fights be handled? Will we set how often we have them,or will the game determine that?

swampdragon 06-08-2007 11:42 PM

Presumably the computer will run the rest of the universe while we're controlling our small corners of it. This actually sounds like quite a difficult job for the computer managers/promoters. I'll be very interested to see how the AI is implemented. The biggest difference between this and a game like football manager is that there is no schedule. Matching fighters up in a way that approximates real life will be a challenge, and doing it right is going to be important to the realism of the game.

mh2365 06-09-2007 07:59 PM

Would like to see random out of the ring events effect your fighters also. There should be no area that is taboo either because we are dealing with boxers. HIV, Prison, Drugs, Deaths, Injuries .. all should be included.

Also if possible in this version or a later one, I'd like to see rivalries, sometimes spurned by and out of the ring experience also. Like Williams blowing up Margarito in Raspberries' training camp.

JohntheHammerHeyes 06-11-2007 12:18 PM

I would like to see media interaction. Giving quotes to reporters, getting asked questions by journalists. Maybe there could be an in game newspaper which could act as a central place for all the news, results, rankings and even rumours (Jones maybe in line to fight Smith, that kind of thing.)

bear 06-26-2007 04:02 PM

If a player is going to be able to act in the role of fight manager, how will the behavior of his rival fight managers be determined? Will there be generic managers where their personality traits can be fiddled with or will there be historical managers, or some combination thereof?

Bear

Ric915 07-31-2007 08:03 PM

I'd like to see the game keep track of injuries so if a fighter cut takes longer to schedule his next bout as he needs to heal I also like the idea of a news section

mh2365 08-02-2007 11:01 AM

All good ideas .. keep them coming!

JohntheHammerHeyes 08-15-2007 04:41 AM

Would it be possible when starting out as a manager to have some kind of option just to manage fighters all from the same division, eg. all heavyweights? Or just fighters from the same country, eg. all Mexicans?

mh2365 08-15-2007 11:12 AM

It will probably be up to the manager on who they sign. If when the game loads up you have the option of having a stable of fighters then I would imagine you would have some control over the stable.

BigFiasco 08-15-2007 06:09 PM

re

+1 for a news section. that would add alot to the game.

withauthority 02-05-2008 01:42 AM

I already posted this elsewhere but yeah, this game needs a career mode where you can "play promotor" It would take some thinking, such as how historical years and fighters and ages would play into it, but it would easily be worth it as the game would be SUPREME.

mh2365 02-05-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by withauthority (Post 2408858)
I already posted this elsewhere but yeah, this game needs a career mode where you can "play promotor" It would take some thinking, such as how historical years and fighters and ages would play into it, but it would easily be worth it as the game would be SUPREME.

That would be the direction the next version of the game will take.

Oneida 02-25-2008 07:30 PM

What about ability to play as just a fighter, to then evolve in to trainer, manager, promoter, as you age

Antonin 05-15-2008 08:01 PM

After lots of thinking over the years about the RPG version of TBCB, I'd be happy just to have a way (without resorting to paper and pencil) to designate a group of fighters as being from my "gym" and "managed" by me, with a way for me to track their winnings (again, without having to write it down).

My ideal RPG version would also keep track of fatigue, and injuries as well. It would flag a fighter (not just my fighters, but all the fighters in my universe) who's been knocked out or had a severe cut, so he could be excluded from autoscheduled bouts. It would cause fighters to retire on their own (how is retirement handled now? I've never run a fictional uni long enough to find out).

I don't necessarily want to be a promoter and I really don't want to be a fighter either.

More ways to group and manage fighters and track their winnings would be great.

mh2365 05-16-2008 02:33 PM

In order to track winnings the $100 purse bug would finally need to be fix. I think that bug dates back to the board game.

Antonin 05-17-2008 09:59 PM

I wasn't aware that there's a $100 purse bug. Most of my time with the game consists of either auto-scheduling large numbers of bouts or running and watching one fight at a time.

The lack of any way to track earnings except with pencil and paper is one reason I don't do many fight cards. It seems kind of pointless to have the game tell you what the purse is but not give you a way to keep track of that. It keeps tracks your bankroll when you bet on fights, and IMHO should also keep track of "paydays" for fighters.

In the real world, fighters fight for titles and paydays, not always in that order.

I'm kind of ambivalent about the "being a promoter" aspect of the RPG because I'm kind of hazy on what, exactly, promoters do and why they are really needed.

I've never paid much attention to promoters, except to note that Don King is one and that he is really a...not-so-good person. Every time I see a picture of the guy I want to laugh and then throw up. Every thing about him irritates me.

Some members of my family knew Don King from the 'hood back in the day. My late grandmother's stories about him from way-back confirm all of the bad stories that have long been in the public domain.

When I think "promoter" I think "Don King." The idea of playing a promoter in TBCB is therefore less than appealing to me.

Antonin 05-17-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFiasco (Post 2285944)
+1 for a news section. that would add alot to the game.

I agree 100% with this suggestion. An automatically generated news section of the sort that exists in OOTP baseball would be great. Perhaps something that would also allow us to write articles. This would be nice for people who want to post articles about their universes here.

mh2365 05-18-2008 04:28 PM

Every fighter in every venue in my universe makes $100 ... pretty sure it is tied to the dates as all my fights are currently in 1913.

Cap 05-19-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonin (Post 2477050)
I wasn't aware that there's a $100 purse bug. Most of my time with the game consists of either auto-scheduling large numbers of bouts or running and watching one fight at a time.

The lack of any way to track earnings except with pencil and paper is one reason I don't do many fight cards. It seems kind of pointless to have the game tell you what the purse is but not give you a way to keep track of that. It keeps tracks your bankroll when you bet on fights, and IMHO should also keep track of "paydays" for fighters.

In the real world, fighters fight for titles and paydays, not always in that order.

I'm kind of ambivalent about the "being a promoter" aspect of the RPG because I'm kind of hazy on what, exactly, promoters do and why they are really needed.

I've never paid much attention to promoters, except to note that Don King is one and that he is really a...not-so-good person. Every time I see a picture of the guy I want to laugh and then throw up. Every thing about him irritates me.

Some members of my family knew Don King from the 'hood back in the day. My late grandmother's stories about him from way-back confirm all of the bad stories that have long been in the public domain.

When I think "promoter" I think "Don King." The idea of playing a promoter in TBCB is therefore less than appealing to me.

Promoters (like Tex Rickard, Playfair Brown, Mike Jacobs, Snowy Baker, Jack Solomon, etc.) match and sign the fighters, organize the funding to pay purses, arrange the venue, hype the card to help fill the seats with paying customers, etc.

Cap