OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Bug Reports Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3949)
-   -   Offered contracts bug (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=303148)

Pallo55 05-12-2019 11:29 PM

Offered contracts bug

There is something wrong with the "Offered Contracts" under finance tab. I think that when a player is asking you to make him a new offer, the old offer will still be listed in the offered contracts.
Like example I'm trying to sign a free agent and he is asking for 100k. Then other team offers him a better offer and he tells me that he wants 150k. I'll offer him that 150k, but my old 100k offer is still shown in offered contracts. So now my 150k offer is really showing as 250k offer and it means that I have 100k less money to use in players, untill he sign with me. And because he can ask me for a better offer multiple times, soon I can have 600k in offered contracts because of just one player. That is really critical amount when controlling team in Europe.

It started happening like a one or two updates ago.

JeffR 05-13-2019 05:33 AM

Having a look at it now. The last big update was supposed to fix a similar problem, but I'm wondering if it may have created a worse one.

JeffR 05-15-2019 08:10 AM

Should be fixed in today's new update, once a new offer is made the money offered in the previous one is returned to the budget.

alexandersteen 05-28-2019 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 4488661)
Should be fixed in today's new update, once a new offer is made the money offered in the previous one is returned to the budget.

Just downloaded today, having the same problem. Offered one contract, 4 years x dollars, the player rejected it so I chose to 'meet demand' which changes the years and the dollar value but it keeps coming back saying the player rejected a 4 year x dollar contract offer. Presumably I would've downloaded the most recent version?

JeffR 05-31-2019 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexandersteen (Post 4494103)
Just downloaded today, having the same problem. Offered one contract, 4 years x dollars, the player rejected it so I chose to 'meet demand' which changes the years and the dollar value but it keeps coming back saying the player rejected a 4 year x dollar contract offer. Presumably I would've downloaded the most recent version?

That's a slightly different issue; it sounds like something isn't updating correctly when you make the new offer. Could you upload the save (instructions here) and give me an example of a player it's happening with, and we can try to see what's going wrong?

ajtmiz 12-14-2019 08:16 PM

I'm having a slightly different issue with offered contracts. I've negotiated and submitted an offer to a player who then rejects the offer. The offer no longer shows as being open, but the value of the original offer never clears the offered contract category. It seems that the value of every rejected offer gets stuck in an offered state, and never clears, even when you start a new season. So season after season, I have less and less money for free agency.

ponytajamas 07-05-2021 03:01 PM

offered contracts don't clear when rejected!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajtmiz (Post 4569674)
I'm having a slightly different issue with offered contracts. I've negotiated and submitted an offer to a player who then rejects the offer. The offer no longer shows as being open, but the value of the original offer never clears the offered contract category. It seems that the value of every rejected offer gets stuck in an offered state, and never clears, even when you start a new season. So season after season, I have less and less money for free agency.

The same thing is happening to me in a European league. I won the league championship last year and lost my big guns to free agency. When I went to reload, I offered contracts to a couple players who rejected, meaning $480,000 is just lost to me now. Which will basically take multiple seasons to offset. I should be at the top of the league, but I wasn't able to sign the kind of players that I actually had the money to sign.