OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3930)
-   -   Lineups questions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=281794)

Azael 10-04-2017 01:48 PM

Lineups questions

I bought this game two days ago, first of all thanks for the game, it seems really good.

I have some questions about the lineups.

Is there an easy way to put the lineups and add the roles ? The coach selection seems quite bad and put bad players in first and second lines.

So I try to do it myself and it takes some times, and when there is an injury it takes a long time to make all the changes.

Is it possible to add the players and the coach choose the roles ? Or make replacement if there is an injury only for concerned lines ?

Thanks for the answers.

(sorry for my english I'm from France)

JeffR 10-04-2017 02:20 PM

There's a problem with the AI coach's lineup selection at the moment, we're working on that right now so it should improve soon. But if you need to replace a player for an injury, you can right-click on an injured player and choose "replace with" and it will replace him on every line with the player you choose, and won't change any of your other players and roles.

Robert11729 10-04-2017 02:23 PM

I believe ive read this somewhere on the boards that there is a problem with the lineups but it might be in the fix for the release on Friday...that's how I play also I let the coach do the lines that's the easiest way I see to do it. Not sure if there is another way.

You coulda fooled me that you were from france your English is great.....

Azael 10-04-2017 02:39 PM

Ok thanks, I didn't know for the tip, I will try to use it. I will wait for the patch, now it's weird to see some of the AI lineups

Thanks Robert11729, I just used simple words :D

tward13 10-04-2017 03:37 PM

I like setting my lines, but wouldn't mind having the assistant assign roles as it's very tedious.

Sabres2000 10-05-2017 04:10 PM

If i set myelf to set the lines and create my team lines will my head coach still coach the team during the game?

JeffR 10-05-2017 07:51 PM

Yes, the coach will use your lines but will make decisions about when to put them out (but will try to follow your guidelines for icetime.)

steel_AU 10-05-2017 11:24 PM

Can an addition be considered either for a couple of preset lines that you have created. So I go through set up my team how I want.

Now if I get an injury and change it, I can either make my manual adjustments but when I choose to and the guy is healthy again, I can then select my chosen line profile and itll repopulate that? This would save a huge amount of tedium for me because I dont always want to use the AI set lines or strategies.

JeffR 10-06-2017 01:04 AM

I wanted to do something like that, but apparently there are some issues with implementing it - we settled on the "replace with" thing as the best option for now. We'll probably be taking another look at how to get it into the game - you're right, it would save a lot of work.

Azael 10-07-2017 09:11 AM

Thanks for the patch.
I test it with my game and another new game to test. It seems to have change a bit but I still have some 1.5/2 stars in first or second line and 2.5/3 stars in third....

In FHM3 I didn't have that kind of issues... Are you still working for an improvement of this part of the game ?

JeffR 10-07-2017 10:10 AM

Yes, we'll be making some more changes to that area soon, possibly over the course of a couple of updates.