OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3865)
-   -   Minor Lgs and Saves (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=234661)

Dreifort 07-23-2013 11:16 PM

Minor Lgs and Saves

In a 19th century style lg, I have the major lg level running just fine.

SP have 3.500 stamina in majors and complete 30-38 of their 40 starts.
In a full season, a team may accumulate 1-4 saves on their team.

In the minor lgs for the very same major lg level, I cannot stop the game from bringing in a RP for a save opp.

I set minor lg SP stamina to 55.000 - yet they get pulled to give a RP a save. (Also set RP stamina to 55.000 - but minor lg teams will use 3 pitchers for Win, Hold, Save sometimes :( )
I know the minors are more volitale and thus the need for the AI to want to pull their pitchers more... but if a guy is pitching good with a 5-2 lead, why pull him for a RP when he has 55.000 stamina??

My major lg and minor lg are set basically identical. High stamina for both SP and RP. ALL teams (major and minor) I turned off AI control of rosters and manually set every strategy to slowest setting on pulling SP and/or RP.

Yet my minor lg teams avg 15-20 saves per team each season (usually for 1 pitcher on their roster).

In OOTP 14 new pitching staff setup, I set ALL non SP to long relievers - didn't change the results I was getting in OOTP 13 as well ... 15-20 saves per team in minors.

Any ideas to stop the Saves??

Dreifort 07-26-2013 01:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
the screen shot below shows a good example (in a non-save situation)

the pitcher has 20 stamina (and the lg settings give SP 55.000 stamina adjustment, the major lg level for these lgs has just 3.500 stamina adjusted)

As you can see in his game log, his 2nd start of the season, his team wins 8-0, yet he is pulled from his start after 8.1 ip?? why?

Strategy for his team is at slowest setting for hook SP.

Doesn't make sense to me when the major lg level for these leagues a pitcher would never be pulled after 8.1 ip with 8-0 lead with just 3.500 adjusted stamina?

I've tried 3.500 and higher up to current 55.000 adjusted stamina, but results never change. :(

VanillaGorilla 07-26-2013 03:17 AM

A couple of casual observations that I put limited (but, nonetheless, some) value in:

It appears as I run through leagues and when I am watching a sim over the course of a week that the AI may be taking into account upcoming schedule/off days in BP decisions. Whether this is actually the case, or not, I cannot say, but it is something to consider.

Secondly, the AI may be trying to get other pitchers work since this is the minor leagues and players develop based on game time there. This is different from the Major League level of the sim, IIRC.

Sorry that I don't have a better answer to offer for your question, but perhaps these items are in play regarding your question, here.

Dreifort 07-26-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla (Post 3544014)
A couple of casual observations that I put limited (but, nonetheless, some) value in:

It appears as I run through leagues and when I am watching a sim over the course of a week that the AI may be taking into account upcoming schedule/off days in BP decisions. Whether this is actually the case, or not, I cannot say, but it is something to consider.

Secondly, the AI may be trying to get other pitchers work since this is the minor leagues and players develop based on game time there. This is different from the Major League level of the sim, IIRC.

Sorry that I don't have a better answer to offer for your question, but perhaps these items are in play regarding your question, here.

I've considered the AI doing things to get other players playing time, but since the Major Lg level does not experience this as much as my Minor Lg, does this mean there is a seperate AI for minor leagues?

My goal is to recreate 19th century (and early 20th centruy) Pitchers who would start 40-45 games a season and complete over 90% of them. I come really close with my Major League level, but my Minor Lgs are lucky to get even near 40% complete games of started games.

VanillaGorilla 07-26-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreifort (Post 3544195)
I've considered the AI doing things to get other players playing time, but since the Major Lg level does not experience this as much as my Minor Lg, does this mean there is a seperate AI for minor leagues?

Per the manual:

"Minor league players who get little playing time might not develop as quickly as others. However, major league players and players on a reserve roster develop normally even without playing time."

Not a separate AI, but an impacting variable considered by the AI.