OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3640)
-   -   Recalc: peak seasons vs. remaining peak seasons vs.... (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=228447)

GMLoophole 02-23-2013 02:28 PM

Recalc: peak seasons vs. remaining peak seasons vs....

Hi there, I'm (for the first time ever, maybe) finishing up a historical season, in this case 1969. Before I go into the offseason I want to make sure I know what's happening and how, so if I may ask a couple of questions...

1. What's the practical effect of the choice between recalc with "career peak seasons" vs. "remaining peak seasons"? I'm thinking that a Hank Aaron/Bob Gibson type would keep better numbers as he approaches the end of his career with the first option. I think that's what I want, but does it result in too many good players for the Mark Fidrych/Ron Bryant kind of guy that has one or two good years? Actually I'd like those sorts of players to have longer careers, so maybe career peak is the way to go for me.

2. I've never ended a season with reserve clause rules in play. I don't want all my players to leave at the end of the season because I don't offer them contracts. How does the end of season/offseason/preseason look with reserve clause rules in effect? I don't want to botch the offseason.

Thanks in advance for any help.

VanillaGorilla 02-23-2013 07:16 PM

1. The use of recalc is not affected by how you choose to have potential displayed (using remaining or peak seasons). I use recalc in conjunction with player development and like how this blends the OOTP fictional development and RL history.

2. Even with RC working, you have to pay your players if you want them to play. They cannot leave via Free Agency, but they can choose not to play at all of you don't make an acceptable offer.

GMLoophole 02-23-2013 09:11 PM

Thanks very much for your responses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla (Post 3450237)
1. The use of recalc is not affected by how you choose to have potential displayed (using remaining or peak seasons). I use recalc in conjunction with player development and like how this blends the OOTP fictional development and RL history.

I thought it actually changed the way the stats were recalculated, but if it's only cosmetic I guess I like it as is. Silly me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla (Post 3450237)
2. Even with RC working, you have to pay your players if you want them to play. They cannot leave via Free Agency, but they can choose not to play at all of you don't make an acceptable offer.

OK, so I guess I'll get a prompt somewhere in there to re-sign everyone. Thanks.

shawa666 02-23-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMLoophole (Post 3449955)
Hi there, I'm (for the first time ever, maybe) finishing up a historical season, in this case 1969. Before I go into the offseason I want to make sure I know what's happening and how, so if I may ask a couple of questions...

1. What's the practical effect of the choice between recalc with "career peak seasons" vs. "remaining peak seasons"? I'm thinking that a Hank Aaron/Bob Gibson type would keep better numbers as he approaches the end of his career with the first option. I think that's what I want, but does it result in too many good players for the Mark Fidrych/Ron Bryant kind of guy that has one or two good years? Actually I'd like those sorts of players to have longer careers, so maybe career peak is the way to go for me.

2. I've never ended a season with reserve clause rules in play. I don't want all my players to leave at the end of the season because I don't offer them contracts. How does the end of season/offseason/preseason look with reserve clause rules in effect? I don't want to botch the offseason.

Thanks in advance for any help.

They'll stay on roster and be awarded a (very cheap) contract if you don't offer them anything.

GMLoophole 02-24-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawa666 (Post 3450409)
They'll stay on roster and be awarded a (very cheap) contract if you don't offer them anything.

Thanks for that... I noticed there's no "offer extension" option on the player menu where it normally appears.