OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   TBCB Mods (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3647)
-   -   Sample universe spreadsheet (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=113073)

taf1971 03-06-2006 08:10 PM

Sample universe spreadsheet

Hey guys I started using this spreadsheet that was at cornerwork. It uses alot of what cubedrums ideas. When you use the scheduling macro it changes the fighting column. It has some fighters in red and some in blue. Does it have something to do with the 70% or 25% rule? What is the difference?? Why are some changed and in red and others in blue? Any help would be appreciated. I like how this format works.. Thanks taf

Gunsmoke 03-07-2006 04:35 AM

That's my spreadsheet mate, the red and blue coded Fighting only signifies whether the fighter has a winning or loosing record. It helped with my scheduling for Beginners to have them seperated as I would match young fighters only with fighters with loosing records.

Mark

rdklein 03-07-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunsmoke
That's my spreadsheet mate, the red and blue coded Fighting only signifies whether the fighter has a winning or loosing record. It helped with my scheduling for Beginners to have them seperated as I would match young fighters only with fighters with loosing records.

Mark

Your spreadsheet rules, btw. I dont know where I'd be without it.

taf1971 03-07-2006 04:03 PM

It helps tremendously

Gunsmoke thanks!!!!!! I'm still trying to understand the 70%, 30% thing when it comes to scheduling. At the beginning of your universe everyone would be at the beginning stage.. If there are 5 tomato cans available to fight I choose the top 5 beginning fighters. I don't know if that is right but that is how I've done it so far.. If you could explain a little more.. I know I probably should understand it but I'm adapting.. Later Taf

taf1971 03-07-2006 04:24 PM

red and blue

Hey gunsmoke it varies. The red is on winning record fighters and ones who have not fought. The blue is also on fighters with winning records and ones who have not fought... Don't know the difference... taf

Gunsmoke 03-08-2006 05:40 AM

Guys glad your able to use the s/sheet.

Quote:

I'm still trying to understand the 70%, 30% thing when it comes to scheduling. At the beginning of your universe everyone would be at the beginning stage.. If there are 5 tomato cans available to fight I choose the top 5 beginning fighters. I don't know if that is right but that is how I've done it so far.. If you could explain a little more.. I know I probably should understand it but I'm adapting.. Later Taf
Basically for Beginners I would match the top 5 Beginners with the 5 available TCs as you have done, and then I would match the remaining active Beginners against each other based on record. So the best record of the remaining fighters in the group would be matched against the worst record etc. till there were no more active fighters.

Quote:

red is on winning record fighters and ones who have not fought. The blue is also on fighters with winning records and ones who have not fought...
Honestly my spreadsheet has moved on since the version I posted as my universe has changed slightly, but anyway... are you talking about the Fighting column (Column F)?

Mark

taf1971 03-08-2006 09:08 AM

fighter column

Yes that is the one I was questioning.. I was not scheduling the other beginners once I scheduled all the tomato cans with the higher ranked beginners... So I will change that now.. It is a very cool program, I like the way it randomizes the fighters. It does still take time to input all the data and schedule fights but that is what it is. Thanks for all the help I do appreciate it!! I was trying to find something that would help me get started and then once I become more familiar with it I'm sure I will change a couple things to get more creative.. Thanks again

Gunsmoke 03-09-2006 03:24 AM

Highlight cell F2 and go to the Format menu and select the Conditional Formatting option and that will show you when the cell text is colored red or blue.

bear 09-19-2006 07:14 AM

bump

bear