OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Talk Sports (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   2019 NFL Pick-the-Loser Pool (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=306370)

Westheim 09-01-2019 04:36 PM

2019 NFL Pick-the-Loser Pool

2 Attachment(s)
A sharply hurled leather egg whizzed by near my ear a few days ago, and I thus understand that it is again time for the fantastic NFL Pick-the-Loser Pool bonanza, where nothing is more fun than losing.

Do not hesitate and step forward to partake as participants from all over this and many other countries will dare to attempt the 2018 Biggest Loser, Cobra Mgr, selecting one NFL team to lose their respective game every week by following a few simple rules that have been handknitted with great care and love:

(Note I have refined the pick deadline from the last two years; no other significant changes)

+++

Section I - General Rules

1. Picks must be submitted by posting in this thread at least 30 minutes before the start of the respective game as given on the schedule posted in this thread. The reason for this is that start times in US sports as given by networks and homepages are notoriously not true and will include relentless time for pointless babble in the run-up to the main event, and I can never be bothered to find out when actual kickoff took place. If you miss the deadline for the Thursday game, however, you can still pick f.e. a team that plays on Sunday.

2. Submit your picks as early as you want, but if you change it for whatever reason, make a new post with the new pick since I might have drafted your pick into my excel file already. Your most recent post in this thread will count.

3. The deadline for changing picks is 30 minutes from the start of the respective game as given on the schedule posted to this thread by your very understanding but ultimately can't-be-arsed host.

4. You must not pick a winning team with any pick. If you pick a winner, you are out. In the case of a tied game, postponement, and other acts of god, the disaster draft rules in Section IX shall be applied.

5. You must make a pick every week. If you miss to make a pick on any team, you are automatically out.

6. You must not pick the same team multiple times.

7. Please consider that your host's knowledge of football is limited to random trivia like the Heidi Game and he doesn't know that one team from that other team. State your picks clearly with either team name or team city, or both. No clever word plays, no pseudo nicknames, no fun slang. Your host does not know who the Dumpsters, Daisies, or Dillydallies are. If your most recent pick does not state a team city (or state where applicable) or name, and your host can't make sense of it, you are automatically out.

Section IX - Disaster Draft

8. In case of a tied game in which you made your pick, since tying is for losers, you shall advance to the next week.

8a. In case of nature, invasion by Canada, or other acts of god causing suspension or postponement of a game in which you made your pick *before* the announcement of the suspension or postponement, you shall advance to the next week. Your host *will* make an effort to investigate the time of postponement.

9. In the case that all players in any given round lose (all picked a winner), the game will continue with all players in the most recent round still eligible for the next round, except for those that made no valid pick at all.

Section XII - Mystery Rule

10. As soon as a sufficiently small number of players remain, picks will have to be made via PM to your host unless all remaining players prefer to post in this thread. "Sufficiently small" should be understood as "less than a handful".

+++

I hope that no clarities whatsoever remain.

Appeals against these rules or any decisions by your host can only be directed at Jeff, the Deflated Football, who has no mouth and thus can not speak judgment on your complaint.

Do not hesitate - join the other aspiring losers in the pool to-day!

damientheomen3 09-01-2019 05:34 PM

A lot of tough matchups and teams I want to save for later in the season, so I'll take Tennessee to lose week 1 to Cleveland.

rudel.dietrich 09-01-2019 08:50 PM

Can I make it past week one?

Cincinnati

Ragnar 09-01-2019 10:43 PM

Giants to lose.

CONN CHRIS 09-02-2019 09:19 AM

Washington to lose.

monkeyman576 09-02-2019 06:33 PM

Indianapolis to lose.

Ty Cobb 09-02-2019 06:51 PM

Lions lose. Yeah...took a toughy there, I know.

Gruber_Tagged_Him 09-03-2019 11:59 PM

I'll take Cincinnati to lose.

Westheim 09-04-2019 03:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After thorough analysis of all 70,000 players in the league, I will select the Texans to lose.

Magus978 09-04-2019 03:49 AM

Among the teams left and via my extremely (un)successful eeny-meeny-miny-moe method, I have decided that the Miami Dolphins will lose in week 1.

Westheim 09-04-2019 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magus978 (Post 4533300)
Among the teams left

You may pick any team you want, including those already taken by somebody else. You just can't take a team more than once per season.

Rizon 09-04-2019 12:59 PM

Pittsburgh Steelers to lose

mirrf 09-04-2019 02:20 PM

The Colts to lose.

Cobra Mgr 09-05-2019 06:59 PM

The Cincinnati Bungles......scuse me......Bengals

Westheim 09-06-2019 01:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just briefly a very empty game table, since nobody picked in the season opener.

statfreak 09-06-2019 10:12 AM

NY Giants to lose

Ragnar 09-06-2019 05:42 PM

I see all good picks this week, no one is winning! Go Cowboys, beat the Giants by 41 points.

thehef 09-08-2019 06:19 AM

Redskins to lose.

Hrycaj 09-08-2019 11:32 AM

Washington Redskins to lose. Thanks

Westheim 09-08-2019 05:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A couple are through to Week 2, and one early exit confirmed.

I'll be off to bed before the second slate of games finishes, so that's all for today.