OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   We are hiring! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=302584)

Markus Heinsohn 04-25-2019 03:55 AM

We are hiring!

Hi all!

We have some exciting news!

As I'd mentioned in a previous post, we're looking to expand the OOTP team. To start with, we're looking to fill two separate fulltime positions. You'll find the details on both below:

Position 1: Developer/Programmer

Qualifications:
- Good knowledge of C++
- Good knowledge of Java and PHP
- Love of baseball and of OOTP

Tasks:
- C++ development for both the OOTP core game and Perfect Team
- Game backend administration and development for Perfect Team
- Simple server admin tasks
- Creation of game builds, as well as managing and running the build process.

Position 2: QA/Development Assistant

NO LONGER AVAILABLE

As you consider the qualifications we're looking for, here are a few perks to keep in mind:

You'll be working from your home office wherever you live, there's no relocation required.

Additionally this is a great opportunity to work with a great team. The company is growing and the team here at OOTPD is really relaxed and fun to work with. We're multi-national and multi-lingual (though we all speak English) but one thing we all have in common is a love of OOTP and a love of baseball. So if you love those things as well, this could be a dream job for you! You'll not only be able to make a living from your passion, but will be able to play an integral part in designing and making OOTP (and PT) a better game, that's even more fun and with even more interesting and exciting features.

If you're interested or know someone who may be interested, please send a resume as well as a cover letter explaining your skills and why you think you're a good fit for the job, as well as any experience you have with OOTP or in baseball along with information as to what you would expect for a salary to jobs@ootpdevelopments.com

We look forward to hearing from you! :)
Markus & the OOTP Developments Team

Splitter24 04-25-2019 06:41 AM

Makes me wish I was a programmer/coder. :(

Chico Guilbault 04-25-2019 08:56 AM

Need an accountant?

SxSnts9 04-25-2019 10:28 AM

If you guys need marketing/public relations help I'm your man. But unfortunately no coding experience.

Magus978 04-25-2019 10:47 AM

I would love to take a shot at these, but coding is not something I know :(

In the same boat as SxSnts9 is. When it comes to getting the word out about these games and being a front-man, I could do great at that.

Oh well, good luck to all applying!

PSUColonel 04-25-2019 12:28 PM

Need any public relations people? ��

sdw1000 04-25-2019 12:51 PM

Wish I knew coding....what about a radio broadcaster? lol

Cactusguy21 04-25-2019 01:19 PM

I know some coding but not enough to be a full-time programmer, hit me up if you guys want a data analyst though :D

KJDelaney 04-26-2019 06:32 PM

If you ever need a Project Manager, let me know.

SportingZoo 04-27-2019 06:00 PM

Look at the timing: I just graduated college in Computer Programming, I'm in need of work, and I love baseball/OOTP. I might just need to apply!

Westheim 04-30-2019 05:21 AM

If you ever need someone browsing the OOTP Forums during office hours, gimme a call. :D

JD396 05-01-2019 11:29 AM

I wish I was better with coding. Zero professional experience or training, but I'm good at figuring stuff out and I've played around a lot with Visual Studio, C++, and databases. Nothing I'd try to pass off as a marketable skill but, well, maybe someday. I'll be career shifting in a year or so and will almost certainly be working nights. I'd love to have something I could work at odd hours of the day from home... especially if it were part time at first... well, maybe next time.

Cod 05-04-2019 03:34 PM

Two questions:

1) Is the fulltime developer position remote? I assume so, but assuming has lead me to bad places before.

2) How does OOTP define "fulltime"? The number / definition is different depending on what part of the world you live in.

I have more questions before I apply about the build chain, etc. before applying to ensure my knowledge is good enough to apply.

JanesAddctn 05-05-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportingZoo (Post 4480847)
Look at the timing: I just graduated college in Computer Programming, I'm in need of work, and I love baseball/OOTP. I might just need to apply!

Good luck to you SportingZoo, would be a great place to start and get some experience. I'm a little envious.

Matt Arnold 05-06-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cod (Post 4483763)
Two questions:

1) Is the fulltime developer position remote? I assume so, but assuming has lead me to bad places before.

2) How does OOTP define "fulltime"? The number / definition is different depending on what part of the world you live in.

I have more questions before I apply about the build chain, etc. before applying to ensure my knowledge is good enough to apply.

Yes, you can work remotely (or if you really want to work in the Hamburg office, that would probably be do-able as well).

You'd think I'd know what full-time means having worked here for as long as I have :p If/when we actually talk to you, we can go over the finer details, but most of the year it's your usual 35-40 hour week, although obviously we push a little harder towards release (although hopefully with a larger team, we don't have to push as much!)

If you have programming experience, like baseball, like OOTP, and think that you might fit some of the criteria, don't hesitate to apply. Don't think you need 100% of the skills listed before you apply - we can chat in interviews to make sure it's a good fit, and realize that almost anyone we hire is going to have to go through a little learning on the job.

Cod 05-07-2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Arnold (Post 4484529)
Yes, you can work remotely (or if you really want to work in the Hamburg office, that would probably be do-able as well).

You'd think I'd know what full-time means having worked here for as long as I have :p If/when we actually talk to you, we can go over the finer details, but most of the year it's your usual 35-40 hour week, although obviously we push a little harder towards release (although hopefully with a larger team, we don't have to push as much!)

If you have programming experience, like baseball, like OOTP, and think that you might fit some of the criteria, don't hesitate to apply. Don't think you need 100% of the skills listed before you apply - we can chat in interviews to make sure it's a good fit, and realize that almost anyone we hire is going to have to go through a little learning on the job.

Thanks for the reply. As a software engineer in the embedded world, I'm looking to get into something more aligned with my interests.

Markus Heinsohn 05-08-2019 04:09 AM

Update, the QA position has been filled.

klkitchens 05-10-2019 10:08 AM

Darn... if you ever upgrade to C# I'd be all over this.

Matt Arnold 05-10-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klkitchens (Post 4486575)
Darn... if you ever upgrade to C# I'd be all over this.

Lol, "upgrade".

Matter2003 05-10-2019 08:33 PM

I'd love to work with you guys but alas I'm a .Net/javascript software engineer with several years of professional experience. I've programmed in C++, Java and PHP before but its been fairly basic stuff in classes.