OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3957)
-   -   Season 8 (2026) General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=303165)

Findest2001 05-16-2019 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancariaz (Post 4488643)
he has an 80 BABIP rating against both lefties and righties, that probably helps a bit.

Where do you see a BABIP rating?

Westheim 05-17-2019 03:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Rebels are going absolutely nowhere in bronze, lingering at 52-55. Nothing good is happening with this twice-relegated team.

The Raccoons are also going absolutely nowhere, but in diamond, but at least they clicked one of those novelty gold achievements, turning six double plays in a game for 1k PP. Yeah that compensates for sitting in the middle of nowhere for the umpteenth straight year.

Earlier this week I quick-sold a David Robertson card to make up the difference to buy 1937 SS Dick Bartell for 8k. His bat is thoroughly uninspiring at .253 with six homers. Expensive upgrade over Rey Ordonez, who also batted .230 at times… but without the homers. Ordonez literally has a homer rating in the single digits. I used him for almost 1,700 PA on the Coons - no homers.

I don't know where to go next to be honest. Right now the only suspense around the Coons is whether the rest of the litter pickers gives Big Walt enough runs to win the triple crown…

Edit: for ****s and giggles, the graph for the 6 DP game. :(

X3NEIZE 05-17-2019 08:49 AM

Perfect 414 National Conference is looking like it's going to be a photo finish, there are three very top teams and an additional three really good teams that all going to have a good chance to winning it all.

moalkha 05-17-2019 12:10 PM

Doha (76-34) is still 2 games behind the division leader but the wild card is all but certain. Maybe we can catch the leaders but they do not seem intent on slowing down.

Great Lake (75-41) has played much better later and has opened a nice 21 game lead in the division. We are tied for the best record in the conference and home field advantage would be nice to have as we are an all righty team that plays in a righty park.

Perugia (64-45) is still playing surprisingly well and is in the middle of a 3 team fight for the 2 wild card spots. All the teams involved are in the same division so there will be plenty of head to head matchups to decide the race.

pappyzan 05-17-2019 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin (Post 4489565)
Update on the Rose comparison below... 92 Rose has been hot lately. Current slash line is .300/.387/.429 with 4 WAR in 104 games as a full-time DH.

Are your ballpark factors all 1.000?

Orcin 05-17-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappyzan (Post 4489749)
Are your ballpark factors all 1.000?

Yes.

mcdog512 05-17-2019 03:57 PM

Saints kind of struggling this week so I added Legend Christy Mathewson and moved Righetti to the pen as a closer. Guess we’ll see if that works out.

pappyzan 05-17-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin (Post 4489762)
Yes.

Picked up the diamond Rose card earlier today, been looking at it for a while now. Thx for the input you've provided here Orcin, my Gwynn/Ordonez DH combo has been tough to watch this season.

Thornbreaker 05-17-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moalkha (Post 4489718)
Doha (76-34) is still 2 games behind the division leader but the wild card is all but certain. Maybe we can catch the leaders but they do not seem intent on slowing down.

Great Lake (75-41) has played much better later and has opened a nice 21 game lead in the division. We are tied for the best record in the conference and home field advantage would be nice to have as we are an all righty team that plays in a righty park.

Perugia (64-45) is still playing surprisingly well and is in the middle of a 3 team fight for the 2 wild card spots. All the teams involved are in the same division so there will be plenty of head to head matchups to decide the race.

I think I managed to take 2 out of 3 from the Oilers at the end of July. Doing my part to at least make it difficult on you :)

dkgo 05-17-2019 06:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this looks like it was a fun game

Thornbreaker 05-17-2019 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In other news, my mostly at this point, Braves team (Myles Bakery) is leading its division in Gold. Led by Baker's offense and that amazing Chipper Jones 95% steal rate (19 and 1?, say whaat?).

Orcin 05-17-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappyzan (Post 4489828)
Picked up the diamond Rose card earlier today, been looking at it for a while now. Thx for the input you've provided here Orcin, my Gwynn/Ordonez DH combo has been tough to watch this season.

Good luck with him. He has been a great clutch hitter for me also. I am amazed at how many times he gets the game-winning RBI.

Orcin 05-17-2019 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moalkha (Post 4489718)

Perugia gave me an idea for a new strategy that has helped my team put together a win streak. Thanks for the free tip. (I reorganized my bullpen roles in a similar manner to yours.)

old timer 05-17-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkgo (Post 4489841)
this looks like it was a fun game

Wow! I've never seen a box score quite like that before. Imagine if you had chosen to watch the game 1st.

old timer 05-17-2019 08:40 PM

For the 1st time in PT20, I took a couple days off from checking on my team and was pleasantly surprised when I looked and saw we're still doing very well. The Raccoons are 88-36 (-2 Pyt) with a 36.5 game lead. As I mentioned before, we're definitely benefiting from an easy schedule, but we've also won all of our series vs teams that seem stronger than us.

I need an upgrade for the bullpen, but it is 3rd in ERA and it's overall strong. We're also 2nd in RA and 2nd in R (we're 3rd in the league in RDiff at +273) so it's been a good year overall.

With respect to individual performances, no one is having a bad year which is something that I don't ever remember seeing before. Even the reserves have all been solid.

Edit: I just noticed that we don't have a losing record against any team. I think this happened last season in diamond as well. It's just luck, but it's still cool.

old timer 05-17-2019 09:14 PM

While I was away, I missed a no-hitter by Don Sutton who walked only 1 (there were no errors).

Last season was my 1st no-hitter. It was Tom Seaver (the 97 or 96? version). His reward for throwing that no-hitter? I sold him on the AH right after that. :D

waittilnextyear 05-17-2019 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by waittilnextyear (Post 4489550)
The Frogs have a bit of a dilemma in this, their 4th "year" at the diamond level. This time around, the team was placed in the deepest division in the league as all 5 teams are currently over .500. The Frogs are currently in last place while also being 8 games over .500. Even so, the team is only 1 game out of the 2nd wild card spot (held by the 3rd place team in my division). Seeing some interesting variety after running away with a very weak 4-team division last "season."

Updating...the Frogs have hit their stride after the All-Star break. They've catapulted from last place into 2nd place (the new last place team in the division is 10 games over .500). Frogs now 1.5 games back of the division leader (4 games up in the wild card race) with an upcoming series to play against the division-leading Durham Devil Dogs.

In-season additions of Harry Brecheen and Bruce Sutter have been rather stabilizing for the pitching staff. Still feels like the team is a starter (or even 2) short of being a serious contender to go deep into the playoffs.

Also decided to 'call up' Darin Erstad and kick Rock Raines back to full-time DH status. Was using the DH spot for Keston Hiura, but decided to totally punt on defense at 3B to train up both Rod Carew and Hiura there. The other defensive positions are pretty airtight with Erstad/Maddox/Ichiro/Aparicio/Simmons/Helton/LaValliere so I can probably afford sacrificing for some offense.

waittilnextyear 05-18-2019 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waittilnextyear (Post 4489919)
In-season additions of Harry Brecheen and Bruce Sutter have been rather stabilizing for the pitching staff. Still feels like the team is a starter (or even 2) short of being a serious contender to go deep into the playoffs.

Just snagged Brandon Webb for 7900 PP so I'm pretty pleased with how that addresses the above. It feels like a much better team now with a Brecheen/Cole/Webb/Busby/Buehler rotation than what I began the week with. Webb's 50 control rating probably limits his usefulness quite a bit, but my pitching staff is already 2nd best in BBs allowed and 12th best in Ks. Seems like a decent fit for the moment and I can certainly make 1-2K PP in profit if I don't like him.

moalkha 05-18-2019 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thornbreaker (Post 4489840)
I think I managed to take 2 out of 3 from the Oilers at the end of July. Doing my part to at least make it difficult on you :)

I'll hold you responsible if I end-up in the wild card game :p

moalkha 05-18-2019 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old timer (Post 4489896)
For the 1st time in PT20, I took a couple days off from checking on my team and was pleasantly surprised when I looked and saw we're still doing very well. The Raccoons are 88-36 (-2 Pyt) with a 36.5 game lead. As I mentioned before, we're definitely benefiting from an easy schedule, but we've also won all of our series vs teams that seem stronger than us.

I need an upgrade for the bullpen, but it is 3rd in ERA and it's overall strong. We're also 2nd in RA and 2nd in R (we're 3rd in the league in RDiff at +273) so it's been a good year overall.

With respect to individual performances, no one is having a bad year which is something that I don't ever remember seeing before. Even the reserves have all been solid.

Edit: I just noticed that we don't have a losing record against any team. I think this happened last season in diamond as well. It's just luck, but it's still cool.

You have a very good team and right now you are in position to get the best record in the conference.
I think we'll play a couple of series today so we'll see.
Good luck.