OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3866)
-   -   OOTP19 Suggestions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=283872)

The Fuss 12-25-2017 01:56 PM

OOTP19 Suggestions

1. Add a report on Retired Numbers. Rather than looking at each team individually, it would be nice to have a single report that's sorted by team with all the retired numbers and associated player names beneath each team. Alternatively, a list by retired numbers showing all the players/teams that have retired that particular number.

2. Historical Manager Records. It seems like if I start a game in 2017, all the records of prior managers don't become part of the historical record unless a manager is coaching in 2017 or beyond. When I click on the Manager Leaders, I'd like to see Connie Mack leading the victory list even if I start the historical simulation in 2017.

3. On the Team History page, include the manager's name next to each year listed. Alternatively, have a report that lists all of the managers for a team's history with their corresponding records for that team.

4. Manager Hall of Fame election. Set up way for Managers (and GMs and Coaches) to be elected to the HOF as a manager.

5. Addition of 1st Base Coach, 3rd Base Coach and Bullpen Coach.

mitchkenn 12-25-2017 03:33 PM

#4 for certain!

drksd4848 12-26-2017 11:17 AM

Yes. Especially #5

Give them ratings too, like for aggressiveness and ability: A bad one will consistently send your players in for head on collisions (think: Wendell Kim). A good one won't.

Dark Horse 12-28-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fuss (Post 4263076)
3. On the Team History page, include the manager's name next to each year listed. Alternatively, have a report that lists all of the managers for a team's history with their corresponding records for that team.

This is long overdue. PLEASE add this. :unsure:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fuss (Post 4263076)
5. Addition of 1st Base Coach, 3rd Base Coach and Bullpen Coach.

i would love this. i'm not sure there is enough statistical basis for rating base coaches. But even if they aren't rated, i'd like to see the base coaches being the place for new coaches. It would give them a chance to develop into useful pitching and batting coaches and managers.

itsmb8 01-02-2018 10:59 PM

#5 is sorely needed. IRL a manager doesnt really affect base running tendencies because he's in the dugout.

What would be great is if players and base coaches each had their own base running tendencies and players also had a additional tendency rating for how often they are to follow the base coaches signs (for those players who sometimes are stubborn and dont follow the base coach).