OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3640)
-   -   Historical expansion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=120636)

Scoman 06-01-2006 07:24 PM

Historical expansion

anybody tried this yet,seems like a real pain,im currently playing a 8 team 1871 league,and im in 1882 and want to expand,and you can only add teams in the pre season which means they miss out on free agents,and the computer expansion teams do not pick up any players,leaving them with no players at the beginning of spring training.So im guessing that the only solution is putting players on ther team one by one. which is a real pain also. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Qrusher14242 06-01-2006 10:48 PM

Yeah, its really a bummer with free agency. So i have to sign em all. Even if i give em money, they wont sign anyone. Dont know anyway to do it since winter meetings are in december. You'd think they could still sign players in February.

Tiger Fan 06-02-2006 12:07 AM

The only solution is to move the players 1 by 1 but you can speed things up a little if there are players still sitting in the free agent pool. Use the editor tab on the player pages (only accessible in commissioner mode) to move the player to your new team.

For the post-free agency period expansion very few name players would sign with an expansion club anyway so if you are looking for a bit of historical accuracy I would restrict my first year expansion clubs to lower quality players anyway.

If you plan ahead, before advancing to the expansion stage, you could move your ammy draft up in order to let the expansion teams participate in that prior to the season and get a few more players.

jarmenia 06-02-2006 12:10 AM

Could you also not create their minor league teams a year earlier so when the major league team comes into being they already have players in their orginization.

Tiger Fan 06-02-2006 12:27 AM

I have not tried it but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Jeremy Weimer 06-02-2006 12:29 AM

What would happen if you decide to leave financials off, even once you expand? I'm not saying I would for sure, but just incase.

Scoman 06-02-2006 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Fan

If you plan ahead, before advancing to the expansion stage, you could move your ammy draft up in order to let the expansion teams participate in that prior to the season and get a few more players.

Ive already thought of that and moved the draft to march 1,but the draft doesnt work right,its like it skips over it,is there a certain time to change upcoming draft date?

Tiger Fan 06-02-2006 01:30 AM

I would change it the previous season, perhaps right after the draft for that year has been completed.

When did you change it and get it skipped over?

Scoman 06-02-2006 01:35 AM

I tried setting it at mar 1 1872 in the initial setup of my 1871 league,and it doesnt pick up the draft,so then i started over with the same setup,with the draft on june 15 1871,and it works just fine.

Tiger Fan 06-02-2006 01:42 AM

Thanks. We had an issue with that occurring in some of the early beta builds but it was solved. Apparently it might have come back. I will see if I can duplicate it and then make sure it is brought to Markus' attention.

Scoman 06-02-2006 01:47 AM

Quote:

Thanks. We had an issue with that occurring in some of the early beta builds but it was solved. Apparently it might have come back. I will see if I can duplicate it and then make sure it is brought to Markus' attention.

Yeah,that would be great to get that fixed,as it could also be a good way to make a expansion draft out of the ammy draft,as you can make all the draft picks in the ammy draft expansion picks if you wish too,by changing the draft order to the expansion teams only,that was my idea.

Scoman 06-02-2006 01:51 AM

Quote:

Also this is a 1871 starter league that i imported from 6.5. Not sure if that might make any difference.

Tiger Fan 06-02-2006 02:15 AM

I think that might be the difference as I have been unable to duplicate your problem with a post-1901 test.

jte87 06-02-2006 02:30 AM

How do you expand in the first place? When will the League Setup allow you to edit the structure?

Tiger Fan 06-02-2006 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jte87
How do you expand in the first place? When will the League Setup allow you to edit the structure?

The date is somewhere around Jan 30th. It says something like Start new season or words to that affect. I can't remember off the top of my head but it will be the first option on the SIM TO pulldown after you have reached January 1st.

Scoman 06-02-2006 05:07 PM

tiger fan ,have you tested a league with the ammy draft on mar 1,as i have not been able to get it to work with my imported 1871 league,or a fictional 1871 lg.It just skips right over it.

Qrusher14242 06-02-2006 05:11 PM

You can only edit league structure in Preseason.

Tigerfan-Thanks for pointing out that i can change the team he's on in the editor, makes things 100x faster :)

jte87 06-02-2006 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoman
tiger fan ,have you tested a league with the ammy draft on mar 1,as i have not been able to get it to work with my imported 1871 league,or a fictional 1871 lg.It just skips right over it.

This is a known bug that was posted in tech soon after the game was out by myself and another person. Battists said that it had been logged for Markus to check out.