OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - New to the Game? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3964)
-   -   importing players/teams from another league (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=304808)

BabyDollJacobson 07-02-2019 12:09 AM

importing players/teams from another league

I have an 80 team league.
I am looking to create a 'new game' but import all the teams/players/etc. into the new league.
The data and statistics are not crucial/necessary.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

I am also planning on removing all prior stats (if possible) of all players - so the league would be as if everyone player is a rookie.

sprague 07-02-2019 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyDollJacobson (Post 4510167)
I have an 80 team league.
I am looking to create a 'new game' but import all the teams/players/etc. into the new league.
The data and statistics are not crucial/necessary.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

I am also planning on removing all prior stats (if possible) of all players - so the league would be as if everyone player is a rookie.

What you have to do is save that league as a template. That is from the main game options menu.

Then in the new game you create, you go back to the same menu area, and choose to import a template, the one you have just made (which will be found in the world templates folder)

Let me know if you need more help with it

Also in the game options menu is a button for "delete all stats". Click that and all the players will have no stats to their name. Do that in the original game BEFORE you send it to a template...

NoOne 07-02-2019 06:00 PM

you could just copy the .lg folder and rename it, then erase history, stats, service time -- all functions on the main league settings screen.

if date is no concern, this may be the simplest way.

as long as it's a new name, you can backup without destroying old league's backup folder too.

or, simply do a backup, then close and rename the .lg folder. the backup will have everything. new name will backup to new folder -- *** make sure to use 'full backup' or similar checkbox option when backing up 'new' league for first time after you delete history and such.

a backup would take less time if one exists than copying a folder in windows/macos etc. less stuff to copy, since it is incremental.

even so, templates are extremeley useful.

i like to make a template of any league i create -- during creation so that it's a small file without players. a template created after you load leauge for first time will have all the players included with the template. a good habit to get into before loading your league the first time.

heck, i make multiple templates as i custumize settings for a new creation. fall-back save points that i'll delete later. a final customized template is all i save long-term.

BabyDollJacobson 07-15-2019 05:33 PM

Thank you

That was both simple and logical.

Seems to have worked.
Checking it out now.