OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 2 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3893)
-   -   silly question (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=255870)

r0nster 06-09-2015 04:29 PM

silly question

I should ask this as I been looking into this game as I play the Baseball game as I been doing since 2001.

Should somebody like me who isn't exactly into Hockey get into this game ???

Some of the features I have noticed would have loved to have seen in OOTP. Just thought I would gather your opinions on this

checkyoursixx 06-09-2015 04:37 PM

I don't see why not..

OOTP actually made me a baseball fan.. I knew the rules before getting involved with OOTP from childhood games (Triple Play baseball series, Ken Griffey Baseball). I never really became a "fan" of baseball until I started playing OOTP. Now I cheer for my Blue Jays and go watch the games live.

On the other end of the spectrum, I tried out the Football manager games.. the game is great, I purchased 2 versions (2010 and 2014) but never really stuck with it. I find soccer rules to be a little more complicated. Not necessarily the game itself (offsides, throw-ins, corner kicks.. etc are easy to understand), but the management aspect is a lot different then North American sports. Transfer money, weekly wages, promotion/relegation is a little harder to get a grasp on.

Hockey is similiar to baseball in the management aspect with the major differences being the draft and service time. Those two things are still quite similiar so I do not believe a hockey sim will be a big learning curve.

r0nster 06-09-2015 05:36 PM

I hear ya on the hockey part ... I do know I will get the Football game that hopefully will be released in Fall if not sometime later.

To be sure I will still consider it some more on the Hockey version.

Hank1974 06-09-2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0nster (Post 3880167)
I should ask this as I been looking into this game as I play the Baseball game as I been doing since 2001.

Some of the features I have noticed would have loved to have seen in OOTP. Just thought I would gather your opinions on this

I've just begun to get back into baseball the last few years and I've really enjoyed OOTP despite not having a clue on the finer points of baseball's minor league system, et el.

If you can understand that mess, you'll do fine with hockey. ;)

AlpineSK 06-09-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

There's really nothing to get into yet. We've gotten screen shots and some minor features on FHM2 and for some of us FHM 14 wont even boot up until they release the patch.

Wait for the game to actually be released and then read the reviews from the community.

i should also say that I am not considering buying this version until the reviews are good enough and the price point is significantly lowered but am keeping tabs on it.

beezer2434 06-09-2015 06:29 PM

Quote:

I am not into baseball at all...but fell in love with OOTP

r0nster 06-09-2015 11:13 PM

I grew up on Baseball and Football. Just now in the last 2 years getting into NASCAR. I go to Iracing.com to do my simracing stuff. Hockey I was not into near as much for I didn't like the fighting for I cared about winning more than the fights at the time when fighting was in. Then one year Yzerman showed up at my work and asked me a question of what would I prefer to see the Wings win or see a fight? I said WIN resoundedly. He told me that I was the first person that said that the team win. Oddly enough within 5 years after that the Wings started to win large number of games. Noticed not much fighting too. NO I don't think I be that prideful although I think its a funny coincidence. With my buddies I did joke around about it. I did get into Basketball but then I learned it was just a home team sport pretty much predictable so I quit watching and just said home team will win. Made money off that too LOL. (no joke)