OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 16 - New to the Game? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3898)
-   -   Making a Player (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=261723)

BravesChop15 01-29-2016 09:37 AM

Making a Player

Is there a way to create a new player and if so, how do you get to that screen?

ohiodevil 01-29-2016 11:42 AM

You can do this from the Free Agents, Draft Pool, and Show All Players pages. To create fictional players, click on the Create Fictional Player button at the bottom of the page. You will see a dialog box with a number of options:

http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...al_players.jpg

Make sure you are in Commissioner Mode and when the game creates your player(s), write down the name and search for them and just go in and edit them.

mitchkenn 01-29-2016 06:05 PM

this is a great feature, one of the ones that got me to buy the game in the first place. Only drawback is i've never figured out how to create a player for a specific team. They either go into free agency or the draft pool. (0r did i miss something along the way????) (I add Negro League players to the specific historical year i am playing so it's not critical for them to go to a particular team - just wondered if that were possible ....) Great feature and great game.

Bluenoser 01-29-2016 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchkenn (Post 3975583)
this is a great feature, one of the ones that got me to buy the game in the first place. Only drawback is i've never figured out how to create a player for a specific team. They either go into free agency or the draft pool. (0r did i miss something along the way????) (I add Negro League players to the specific historical year i am playing so it's not critical for them to go to a particular team - just wondered if that were possible ....) Great feature and great game.

Once you create a player, while still in Commish mode, go to his editor tab. A little ways down the left side (just below 1st section) you can assign the player to a league and team.

At the bottom of the same side, you can assign him a contract.

mitchkenn 01-30-2016 08:25 AM

Wow!!! I'd never seen that before .... MANY MANY thanks!!! You guys are great here. :D

dennis4485 03-13-2016 07:20 AM

is this an option ootp16?

JaBurns 03-13-2016 10:15 AM

Yes I just went over to free agents and found "Create Fictional Player" in the drop down.

Bluenoser 03-13-2016 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dennis4485 (Post 3996358)

Is what an option? Create a player?

It's been in OOTP for many versions. Put yourself in Commish Mode, go to the FA page. From "Available Actions" menu (top right), select "Create Fictional Player"
_

The Game 03-13-2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennis4485 (Post 3996358)

Been an option for many versions. Not sure if it was in 6.5 but has been since at least 11.

dennis4485 03-13-2016 01:57 PM

jaburns...... i was looking and couldnt find it.....i tried to locate it and just couldnt

ohiodevil 03-13-2016 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennis4485 (Post 3996568)
jaburns...... i was looking and couldnt find it.....i tried to locate it and just couldnt

Make sure you are in Commissioner Mode, otherwise you won't see that option.

dennis4485 03-13-2016 02:05 PM

ohiodevil....i just saw that i wasnt....thanks guys. got it. any clue how i can set up league usiing a mix of historical and fictional players?

The Game 03-13-2016 02:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dennis4485 (Post 3996574)
ohiodevil....i just saw that i wasnt....thanks guys. got it. any clue how i can set up league usiing a mix of historical and fictional players?

Can do this a few ways. Whichever league is going to have the fewest players, historical or fictional. Start either a historical league and create a mix of fictional players for the draft or as FA. Or create a text file using notepad of historical players you want to import as FA or into the draft. I use the Spritze database which gives me Negro Leaguers, PCL, Fed league and ***. In my ABF league i have imported many historical players so far. Ruth has 1121 HR in that league using neutralized stats. Ujse either Bigrod's importer program or go to baseball reference and copy the player ID. and paste it into a notepad file with teh year you want to import them from.

JaBurns 03-13-2016 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennis4485 (Post 3996568)

See Bluenosers' post below mine it is on the Free Agents page upper right hand corner. I think you have to be in commish mode.