OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3843)
-   -   Having trouble purchasing key. (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=251459)

Hwilensky 03-05-2015 09:34 AM

Having trouble purchasing key.

Hey all -

After downloading the client for my mac, I just tried purchasing the key, through the game, and its not allowing me. Can anyone let me know how I can do it?

Thanks,
Hwilensky

Cole 03-05-2015 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hwilensky (Post 3821763)
Hey all -

After downloading the client for my mac, I just tried purchasing the key, through the game, and its not allowing me. Can anyone let me know how I can do it?

Thanks,
Hwilensky

Are you playing on Steam, or externally?

Are you getting a "please try again later" error message when you are trying to load your license? If so, please send me a PM with your order details and I can provide you with a Steam key so you can play.

Thanks.

Hwilensky 03-07-2015 08:00 AM

No i downloaded the game, and tried purchasing it through the game itself. Do I need to purchase it through Steam?

Thanks

Cole 03-07-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hwilensky (Post 3822689)
No i downloaded the game, and tried purchasing it through the game itself. Do I need to purchase it through Steam?

Thanks

Please send me a PM with your order details. I will send you a Steam key you can use until the bug fix is released.

Prongle 09-07-2015 04:45 AM

EDIT: Disregard, I purchased on Steam.

Hi Cole,

I'm getting the same. OSX 10.10.5, clicking on "Purchase FHM 2014 now" does nothing, apart from the menu shifting down a few pixels.

Cheers
Tom

AlpineSK 09-07-2015 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hwilensky (Post 3822689)

Thanks

Been a problem for about a year and a half. I'm surprised there's no warning or that the eSellerate isn't disabled on the Mac side.

Cole 09-07-2015 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlpineSK (Post 3919967)
Been a problem for about a year and a half. I'm surprised there's no warning or that the eSellerate isn't disabled on the Mac side.

Everyone who has received a Steam key as the fix has seemingly been happy with that compromise as we haven't had people PM again to complain about it.

AlpineSK 09-07-2015 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole (Post 3919972)
Everyone who has received a Steam key as the fix has seemingly been happy with that compromise as we haven't had people PM again to complain about it.

Oh no doubt and you guys have handled that well. I guess in my eyes putting some message like "MAC users are strongly urged to purchase this product through Steam because it does not work with eSellerate" might have cut out the need for passing out said steam keys freeing up time for people to do other stuff.

Like I said, handled well, much like most else that you have taken care of, sir. I admittedly hadn't even looked at the master site for FHM14 in over a year until the OP posted this question.