OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   Thanks to OOTP - French Baseball (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=301604)

jcmurr 04-04-2019 11:12 AM

Thanks to OOTP - French Baseball
 
2 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

Just wanted to give a shoutout to the devs for including French baseball in the game now. I currently play for Stade Toulousain and the French nat'l team and a lot of the guys I play with are thrilled about bringing not only French, but European baseball leagues into the game. It's really cool.

I'm a longtime fan and player of OOTP games, and have even managed to get 3 guys to purchase the game. There are some issues with the rosters (ex: I play for PUC in the game even though I broke my contract with the club last April), but that's not the biggest deal if you customize leagues anyways.

If anything is ever updated, you can use the official rosters and stats found here on the official website. Or, if you need more in-depth help you can always reach out to me. I'd be more than happy to help.

Anyways, thanks again for bringing us to OOTP!

If anyone has any questions about French baseball, or European baseball in general, don't hesitate ;)

joefromchicago 04-04-2019 05:17 PM

Looks like OOTP has made a similar impression with players in the Czech league.

nutt 04-04-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmurr (Post 4467791)
Hi guys,

Just wanted to give a shoutout to the devs for including French baseball in the game now. I currently play for Stade Toulousain and the French nat'l team and a lot of the guys I play with are thrilled about bringing not only French, but European baseball leagues into the game. It's really cool.

I'm a longtime fan and player of OOTP games, and have even managed to get 3 guys to purchase the game. There are some issues with the rosters (ex: I play for PUC in the game even though I broke my contract with the club last April), but that's not the biggest deal if you customize leagues anyways.

If anything is ever updated, you can use the official rosters and stats found here on the official website. Or, if you need more in-depth help you can always reach out to me. I'd be more than happy to help.

Anyways, thanks again for bringing us to OOTP!

If anyone has any questions about French baseball, or European baseball in general, don't hesitate ;)

In the most recent update, the rosters for the new leagues had yet to be updated. As you may know, FD1 is slacking on posting the rosters and team sites lack full roster info at times. I rely on the stats link as you provided mostly, which I waited until the first weekend of play to begin updating. Unfortunately (well, fortunate for me because I had the time to update them the last couple of nights), FFBS didn't post stats until after this weekend, once all 12 teams had played. The next patch/update should have updated rosters for all four new leagues.

Feel free to shoot me a PM and let me know anything I may be missing. I will also have a few questions (also to make sure you moved from PUC to the Toulouse, which I think I moved two players from there).

84Hammy 04-04-2019 07:51 PM

So awesome! When I was in the Netherlands a couple years ago we saw a baseball diamond and I got so excited!! I am going to Portugal this summer and would like to actually hunt a field out.

TomVeal 04-04-2019 08:18 PM

Perhaps someday, when baseball has replaced metric football as Europe's favorite sport, historians will give OOTP a share of the credit.

jimmysthebestcop 04-05-2019 01:41 AM

What's your name? I will buy you out from France and put you in my Rookie system come on down to the MilB.

nutt 04-05-2019 04:09 AM

So I woke up and figured I should look at the Tigers and see who I moved over the other day.

If there are guys on PUC or Toulouse that are no longer there (excluding guys who might be playing for reserve teams in the 2nd or 3rd division) feel free to give me a shout.

I should've known who it was by the username. The new build came out on the 2nd. I made all of the updates on the 3rd. The next update should have you on Toulouse.

Also... good work in your first two outings on the hill so far.

Tyke 04-10-2019 07:10 AM

How much of the structure of the FFBS is included in OOTPXX? Just D1, or D2 also?

jcmurr 04-10-2019 08:22 AM

Just D1

Tyke 04-10-2019 09:58 AM

Thanks, jcmurr, just deciding whether to try and set something up now or to wait until I get OOTPXX next month.

Matt Arnold 04-10-2019 12:11 PM

Merci pour votre support!

Tyke 04-11-2019 12:15 PM

jcmurr, you may be able to help me! As well as being an OOTP fan, I used to teach French before I retired. As a result of your initial post, I started looking at the FFBS site, with a view to setting up a dynasty in OOTP19, and I came across the name of Dunkerque Korvers, who play in D2. Their logo seems to be a sea-bird of some kind, but I can't find "korver" or "korvers" in any of my dictionaries [and it doesn't look like a French word to me]. Have you any idea what it means?

eriqjaffe 04-11-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 84Hammy (Post 4468134)
So awesome! When I was in the Netherlands a couple years ago we saw a baseball diamond and I got so excited!! I am going to Portugal this summer and would like to actually hunt a field out.

There aren't many, at least not ones that are full-time baseball fields.

But there's at least one!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/39...8.215494?hl=en

jcmurr 04-11-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyke (Post 4472054)
jcmurr, you may be able to help me! As well as being an OOTP fan, I used to teach French before I retired. As a result of your initial post, I started looking at the FFBS site, with a view to setting up a dynasty in OOTP19, and I came across the name of Dunkerque Korvers, who play in D2. Their logo seems to be a sea-bird of some kind, but I can't find "korver" or "korvers" in any of my dictionaries [and it doesn't look like a French word to me]. Have you any idea what it means?

It痴 not a French word, I知 100% certain. Dunkerque is near Flanders though so it may be slang for a Flemish or Dutch word.

BirdWatcher 04-11-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmurr (Post 4472277)
It痴 not a French word, I知 100% certain. Dunkerque is near Flanders though so it may be slang for a Flemish or Dutch word.

Korver is, at least, certainly a Dutch surname.
There is a company in 's Hertogenbosch called Korver Holland. (Installation materials for heating, gas, plumbing, and PVC parts.)

Perhaps the founders of the team are big fans of Dutch-American basketball player Kyle Korver and the bird is a loose reference to the logo of his former team, the Atlanta Hawks? ;)

Yarideki 04-11-2019 07:05 PM

Judging by the city's location and a brief wikipedia dictionary search on the french word corvette, I'm assuming that it's related to sailing possibly a regional term for a sailor.

NoOne 04-11-2019 07:15 PM

does one team immediately surrender? :p

jokerhusky1129 04-11-2019 07:31 PM

It's crazy how OOTP can touch so many people. Once, a co-workers nephew was playing on a team and he was in OOTP. She was shocked!

Tyke 04-12-2019 04:20 AM

Thanks for the responses, guys - I'm leaning towards the Kyle Korver explanation at the moment! I may try and contact the club to get the official line, in which case I'll report back.

jcmurr 04-12-2019 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyke (Post 4472568)
Thanks for the responses, guys - I'm leaning towards the Kyle Korver explanation at the moment! I may try and contact the club to get the official line, in which case I'll report back.

I値l ask around. I volunteer at the sports academy where the junior nat値 trains year-round. I think one of the younger guys grew up with the Dunkerque club before coming to Toulouse for studies.

I知 interested now too :confused:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments