OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Bug Reports Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3961)
-   -   Random Crashes (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=303011)

rpriske 05-08-2019 07:51 AM

Random Crashes

I held off because of the new build, but OOTP20 continues to crash way too often. At least one in ten games I play crash.

It is very frustrating. I LOVE OOTP but this makes me not want to play.

BirdWatcher 05-08-2019 01:50 PM

That totally sucks and I feel your frustration.

Having said that, I personally have experienced no crashes with OOTP 20. Most stable version I've seen yet.
Which is just to say, hang in there and I hope that someone can help you figure out what is happening in your specific situation. It is not, I am convinced, anything inherently wrong in OOTP 20 but rather a localized issue that hopefully you can get resolved soon so that you are back happily playing crash-free soon.

dbl4868 05-12-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpriske (Post 4485582)
I held off because of the new build, but OOTP20 continues to crash way too often. At least one in ten games I play crash.

It is very frustrating. I LOVE OOTP but this makes me not want to play.

The other day I clicked to move on to the next half inning and the game crashed. It’s happened to me 2 times now.

oldcatcher 05-12-2019 06:12 PM

It happened occasionally until I turned Steam overlay off.

WIUPIKE 05-13-2019 09:55 AM

I believe the issue is probably one related to memory on your CPU. If you leave the game on for long periods of time and playout all games this may affect your CPU's memories. If all drives are up to date, then make sure to restart on occasion. This has resolved this issue for me.

Markus Heinsohn 05-15-2019 02:58 AM

Simply contact Lukas or open a ticket in our tech support system. The game is absolutely rock solid and stable on a normal system. So, if it crashes then something is wrong, usually it is outdated drivers or faulty RAM.

Lukas Berger 05-15-2019 03:23 AM

As Markus and the other posters mention, this is really unlikely to be a game specific issue, as the game is generally easily our most stable version yet. So for lots of random crashing, the issue is almost certainly system related.

A possibility is always that there's another program running or something going on with your system that's somehow interfering with the game and creating the crashes.

The first question I'd have would be what programs you have running at the same time as OOTP? Also, what are your system's specs and are you using the Steam or standalone versions of the game?

To try to narrow down what might be causing problems, try the following: First make sure to create an exception or whitelist OOTP in your anti-virus and firewall programs. Then restart your computer. Then shut down everything non-essential that's running other than OOTP. Then start OOTP up and try playing for a while and see if it still crashes.

If not, then you'll basically just want to play the game without anything else running in the background, since one of those programs was likely causing issues with the game.

The next set of tips I have are pretty much general system maintenance tips, which you may already do, but which are actually quite important in preventing crashes.

There are a few important things to check to prevent this sort of thing from happening.

First is your Operating System up to date? Next, have you installed all of your latest driver updates? Third, how recently have you checked the hard drive OOTP is installed on for errors/and or run defrag on it? Checked to make sure you RAM is functioning properly? If the answer to any of that is no, and you haven't done any of those things recently, you'll want to do so.

Also, how often do you turn your system off? If it's rarely or never, you'll want to do that more often in case it's a memory related issue as WIUPIKE mentions above.