OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3944)
-   -   Packs from Challenge Mode (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=296247)

freedavebrown 12-04-2018 08:26 AM

Packs from Challenge Mode

Anyone have a list of Challenge Mode achievements that reward packs? Or is there someplace in the game it is listed.

Would be nice to know what to work towards. I got one that I think was for making the playoffs for the first time? But it might have been for winning MVP I can´t remember exactly.

Kushiel 12-04-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedavebrown (Post 4400651)
Anyone have a list of Challenge Mode achievements that reward packs? Or is there someplace in the game it is listed.

Would be nice to know what to work towards. I got one that I think was for making the playoffs for the first time? But it might have been for winning MVP I can´t remember exactly.

It has been said that any achievement in Challenge Mode has the chance of rewarding a pack. The more rare the achievement increases the odds. Hence a gold achievement has a better chance to reward you than a bronze.. At least that is what I understood from the Devs remarks.

AirmenSmith 12-04-2018 08:36 AM

Doesn't work that way.

Earning achievements doesn't get you a pack. What happens is they tell the server you got an achievement and then the server decides if you get a pack. I believe the better the achievement the greater chance to get a pack. So winning the world series should give you a better chance compared to rookie of the month.

Also note that there is a cooldown between how often you can win. My guess is a week in between.

My first and only pack came from winning rookie of the month.

Scoman 12-04-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirmenSmith (Post 4400656)

Also note that there is a cool down between how often you can win. My guess is a week in between.

It seems the cool down period is more secret than the Colonels recipe...I'm not so sure it is a week....

It would be nice to get a official clarification on just how long the cool down period really is....

Matt Arnold 12-04-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoman (Post 4400753)
It seems the cool down period is more secret than the Colonels recipe...I'm not so sure it is a week....

It would be nice to get a official clarification on just how long the cool down period really is....

Maybe Markus will give it at some point. I honestly don't know it, but the problem is if we told you guys, then people would simply play challenge mode until they draw a pack, stop, come back ??? later (1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, whatever it is), and play again. Which kind of defeats the purpose, and just turns it into another mode to try to game the system, right? :)

Dogberry99 12-04-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Arnold (Post 4400754)
Maybe Markus will give it at some point. I honestly don't know it, but the problem is if we told you guys, then people would simply play challenge mode until they draw a pack, stop, come back ??? later (1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, whatever it is), and play again. Which kind of defeats the purpose, and just turns it into another mode to try to game the system, right? :)

You are right, but won't the active player base eventually narrow this down to a relatively small window anyways?

wolfslice 12-05-2018 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Arnold (Post 4400754)

Maybe you could let us know if the cooldown is time-based, or based on collecting more achievements though?

I only ask because I like to play through most of my games, which makes my achievement-gathering a lot slower than simming through a season. Essentially gimping myself by playing a main feature of the game... if it's time based it's not so bad though.

The Melancholic 12-05-2018 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirmenSmith (Post 4400656)
Also note that there is a cooldown between how often you can win. My guess is a week in between.

It is definitely less than a week; I got a second pack a little over 3 days after the first. Whether it's less than that, or whether there's also an in-game cool-off (i.e., a certain number of your next achievements are guaranteed to miss) I can't say.

osborneman 12-05-2018 04:52 AM

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but how do you redeem the pack you get from challenge mode? I got the pop-up, when I go to perfect team it says in my transaction history I got a pack from challenge mode, but I'm still at 0 packs. And I haven't gotten any new cards either.

Edit: Immediately after posting this I restarted OOTP and it showed up... I guess I'll just leave this comment so if anyone else has this problem they can see that restarting the game fixes it.

Scoman 12-05-2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by osborneman (Post 4401142)
Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but how do you redeem the pack you get from challenge mode? I got the pop-up, when I go to perfect team it says in my transaction history I got a pack from challenge mode, but I'm still at 0 packs. And I haven't gotten any new cards either.

Edit: Immediately after posting this I restarted OOTP and it showed up... I guess I'll just leave this comment so if anyone else has this problem they can see that restarting the game fixes it.

Yes anytime you win a pack you have to log out then log back in to receive it...:)

Black Death 12-05-2018 03:06 PM

I'll just say this much about packs from Challenge Mode: got an Altuve in mine today. Nice pick-up. That's probably the highest rated player I've gotten from opening a pack.

grall1126 02-18-2019 03:34 PM

I was playing the 1986 season and during the game or after the game ended, I was awarded a silver pack

Mizzery 02-18-2019 05:43 PM

I suspect that the timer may not be set to a specific number of days, but to hours played in Challenge Mode. I have gone weeks without receiving a pack, while other times have received two packs in the same week.

If the formula was released, it may be some version of “difficulty of achievement x time played= chances of a pack being issued”. One time I received a gold pack in challenge mode, but do not know what triggered that event vs. the normal pack rewards.

I’ve read posts about always playing as the 27 Yankees to accelerate that process, but I’m not going to take my personal time to play the same team the same season over and over again on the off-chance I get a valuable card I can use in PT.

Since most of us were OOTP players before PT was launched, I lean towards playing OOTP the way you enjoy, and if you get a pack, consider it a bonus.

I was playing as the expansion Senators this weekend in OOTP Challenge Mode, and did well enough to get a PT pack with Lorenzo Cain in it- great surprise, but not the reason why I played.

Spieler 02-18-2019 08:35 PM

Not hours played. It takes an achievement to get a pack, but which achievement is random. Once you get a pack, it takes a good 3 days/72 hours before you reset and are able to hit another with an achievement.

Echo127 02-18-2019 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Melancholic (Post 4401129)
It is definitely less than a week; I got a second pack a little over 3 days after the first. Whether it's less than that, or whether there's also an in-game cool-off (i.e., a certain number of your next achievements are guaranteed to miss) I can't say.

Is it possible that it resets every time a new PT season starts? That's my best guess so far, but I haven't tried to do any testing.

BidPro 02-20-2019 01:51 PM

I think it is just a rumor, I have not gotten a pack this way. No matter what achievement I have gotten. I am calling BS on this.

bailey 02-20-2019 03:00 PM

Funny, I've gotten at least 16 packs, but I'm not inclined to tell you the easiest way to get a pack.

SodoMojo 02-20-2019 03:13 PM

I've been playing Challenge mode for a few hours in the late evening for the last week or so and have received 2 gold packs.

It's been for very random achievements...like signing my first free agent.

It's in a fictional league with the MLB setup.

That being said I play challenge mode for fun...not just for the packs. So it's a nice bonus when they pop up.

BidPro 02-22-2019 11:30 AM

@bailey I really think you are just messing with us. Nobody gets a free pack for any reason... be honest, then I can be a part of the joke too.

mcdog512 02-22-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BidPro (Post 4438727)
@bailey I really think you are just messing with us. Nobody gets a free pack for any reason... be honest, then I can be a part of the joke too.

He's not.