OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 18 Online Leagues (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3923)
-   -   UHBL 1998 Historical Coming Soon... (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=282282)

thompsw8 10-18-2017 09:41 PM

UHBL 1998 Historical Coming Soon...

The UHBL is a new league that is forming. We will be starting in 1998 with historical rosters that are based on the game's database. We will be using OOTP 18 to run the simulations as we move forward. The league will have a great base of GM's with a few minor tweaks to help keep the game fun and exciting move forward. Here is some information.

For the initial setup up of the league we will be filling the league with 30 GM's but we will not being a first come first serve basis. When people join they will put their name on a google doc next to the team they want. If there are multiple people next to a team than we will use a random generator to pick who gets the team. If you are the only GM than you get whatever team you picked. After the first round if there is still GM's needing teams we will do the same process for the remaining GM's and teams. This way it will be more fun for GM's and not you are stuck because your the last GM to join.

We will use Slack as our communication piece for the league to do trades, articles, and sim chat.

Sim schedule is M-W-F and after the Trade Deadline we will do 4 days a week and 4 days a week during the off-season.

League Settings
GM Firing: On
Coaching: Off
Scouts: Off
Ratings: 20-80 scale
Stars: On
Injury: Low
Injury Pending Diagnosis: Off
Suspensions: On
Aging Rating: 1.000
Development Rating: 1.000
Random Change: 100
DH: AL ONLY
Rule V: On
Active Roster Size: 25
Maximum Minor League Active Roster: 30
40 Man Rosters: On
10/5 Rule: Enabled
Playoff Rosters: Enabled
Recalc: Off

League Draft
Rookie Draft: On
Rookie Draft Order: The top worst 15 records will be involved in a lottery system to determine the top 15 picks in the draft. Now most likely one of the top 3 teams will still end up with the #1 pick but there will be some randomness to help prevent tanking.

Join the league by sending me a PM or reply on here. I will need your e-mail so I can contact you. I don't need your team choices yet just need your e-mail and to know you are interested. We have 14 GM's already from a prior league so we are just looking for some other good active GM's.

thompsw8 10-20-2017 10:11 AM

We are up to 18 GM's so far. Once we get to 30 we will run the lottery on the teams with multiple GM's wanting them and finalize all the teams.

statman 10-21-2017 01:16 AM

Very interested, lots of online experience

soxdude1954@aol.com

Thanks, Terry

Crash Davis 10-21-2017 02:31 PM

Joining

I'm interested, Vet of many seasons and different types of leagues.
David Galindo
dpgalindo12@gmail.com

KeithSteele 10-21-2017 04:55 PM

Very Interested as well, never did a historical league but in 5 other leagues now for multiple seasons.

thompsw8 10-21-2017 11:08 PM

Looks like we have 21 GM's now. So we just need 9 more GM's

thompsw8 10-23-2017 11:03 PM

We are up to 25 GMs if you would like to be apart of the league it’s a great time to join.

Jerry Helper 10-26-2017 02:25 AM

I'd love to take a team if there's still room!

BigBen 10-26-2017 10:52 PM

Would like to join, request sent.

thompsw8 10-27-2017 04:31 PM

Hey everyone looks like we filled all our teams a couple days ago. If you are interested in being put on the waiting list I will gladly put you down than notify you once an opening comes up. Thanks!