OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Talk Sports (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   I'm sorry...this just doesnt seem right. (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=306543)

ForeverRoyalKC 09-11-2019 01:43 AM

I'm sorry...this just doesnt seem right.

Here's this interleague stuff I still don't like...

The 2019 Los Angeles Dodgers win their 7th straight division title at the .......Baltimore Orioles?!?!:confused:

Shouldn't winning your division have a league feel to it? Like they wrap up the division at the Padres? Or Cubs? Something NL?

I know we've had interleague around for awhile now, but....am I the old man yelling at the sky here?! :unsure::rant:

Westheim 09-11-2019 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverRoyalKC (Post 4535531)
I know we've had interleague around for awhile now, but....am I the old man yelling at the sky here?! :unsure::rant:

Yes.

Besides, they won their division in about May. I'm sure they played the Padres or Snakes at some point then.

Cobra Mgr 09-11-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

The 2019 Los Angeles Dodgers win their 7th straight division title at the .......Baltimore Orioles?!?!:confused:

Shouldn't winning your division have a league feel to it? Like they wrap up the division at the Padres? Or Cubs? Something NL?

I get where u are coming from. But we are both a couple of old farts. This is the new normal. We can either let the vcr lights keep blinking, or we can get the manual and set the clock.

CBeisbol 09-11-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Seems very good, in my opinion

I don't understand why so many baseball fans want to make it harder for people to see the best players play.

Without interleague, people in AL or NL only cities never have the opportunity to see the best players from the other leagues.

Someone living in Philadelphia, Atlanta or Miami wouldn't have seen Mike Trout this year, or maybe ever.

Baseball is MUCH better for interleague.

David Watts 09-11-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBeisbol (Post 4535635)
Seems very good, in my opinion

I don't understand why so many baseball fans want to make it harder for people to see the best players play.

Without interleague, people in AL or NL only cities never have the opportunity to see the best players from the other leagues.

Someone living in Philadelphia, Atlanta or Miami wouldn't have seen Mike Trout this year, or maybe ever.

Baseball is MUCH better for interleague.

I'm away from my computer right now. How did Trout do this year in the series against the Phillies?

CBeisbol 09-11-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Watts (Post 4535660)
I'm away from my computer right now. How did Trout do this year in the series against the Phillies?

Oops :o
Next year

But, same for fans in St. Louis and Cincinnati

Buster Cherry 09-11-2019 01:30 PM

I despise interleague play. It's one of the reasons I stopped watching baseball. Who the hell wants to watch the Cleveland Indians play the San Diego Padres or the Atlanta Braves play the Seattle Mariners? I sure don't. Sometimes I think Bud Selig was put in charge to wreck the game. He's a joke. Only because Roger Goodell and Gary Bettman are bigger jokes is Selig not the worst commissioner in pro sports.

CBeisbol 09-11-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster Cherry (Post 4535703)
I despise interleague play. It's one of the reasons I stopped watching baseball. Who the hell wants to watch the Cleveland Indians play the San Diego Padres or the Atlanta Braves play the Seattle Mariners? I sure don't. Sometimes I think Bud Selig was put in charge to wreck the game. He's a joke. Only because Roger Goodell and Gary Bettman are bigger jokes is Selig not the worst commissioner in pro sports.

Hmm...yes, who would want to watch the Padres play the Cleveland baseball team?
Perhaps, San Diego and Cleveland fans.
Maybe fans in San Diego would like the chance to see Corey Kluber and Francisco Lindor.
Fans in Cleveland might like to watch Fernando Tatis jr in person.

But Buster Cherry is SW Virginia doesn't want to watch it, so that means Bud Selig was trying to destroy the game. :rolleyes:

David Watts 09-11-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBeisbol (Post 4535713)
Hmm...yes, who would want to watch the Padres play the Cleveland baseball team?
Perhaps, San Diego and Cleveland fans.
Maybe fans in San Diego would like the chance to see Corey Kluber and Francisco Lindor.
Fans in Cleveland might like to watch Fernando Tatis jr in person.

But Buster Cherry is SW Virginia doesn't want to watch it, so that means Bud Selig was trying to destroy the game. :rolleyes:

What do you have against SW Virginia? Maybe all teams should be forced to barnstorm. Little Johnny in North Dakota should have the same opportunity Billy in Philly has to see Mike Trout play.

CBeisbol 09-11-2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Watts (Post 4535715)
What do you have against SW Virginia?

Nothing at all.

Quote:

Maybe all teams should be forced to barnstorm. Little Johnny in North Dakota should have the same opportunity Billy in Philly has to see Mike Trout play.
Or. maybe, interleague isn't destroying baseball because is allows fans in major league cities to see more players while...being different than what some people are used to.

David Watts 09-11-2019 02:22 PM

Destroying baseball is a little dramatic. Like someone said above interleague isn't going anywhere, so it's kind of silly to get too worked up about it. I don't enjoy it. Grew up in Michigan and never once felt cheated that I didn't get to see Mike Schmidt or Willie Stargell play in person. Oh and my gateway to both leagues left when Bud blackmailed the Astros into moving to the AL. I'm in Shreveport and loved having an AL and an NL nearby.

CBeisbol 09-11-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Watts (Post 4535720)
Destroying baseball is a little dramatic.

Tell Buster, not me.

Quote:

I don't enjoy it.
It's cool to be able to see more players and more teams.

I agree Bud was terrible

CBeisbol 09-11-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

The September schedule should only be divisional, IMO

If the Dodgers shouldn't clinch against the Orioles they shouldn't clinch against the Marlins or Pirates either.

And, really, it should only happen against the Giants

Buster Cherry 09-11-2019 03:05 PM

Too bad this forum doesn't have an ignore function.

low 09-11-2019 03:34 PM

The more people that get to see more players and teams is only a good thing, IMO. You anti-interleague people need to get over it already.

David Watts 09-11-2019 03:38 PM

I don't know why, but with baseball it really bugs me when teams don't play the same schedule. For years teams played each other 22 times. Then it was 18. Then it went to 18 against your division and 12 against the other division. I started to get antsy when it went to 13 games against your division and 12 against the other division. Things started getting out of whack. But, then interleague comes along and things got really out of whack. Why this bugs me in baseball, but doesn't phase me in other sports is beyond me.

David Watts 09-11-2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by low (Post 4535751)
The more people that get to see more players and teams is only a good thing, IMO. You anti-interleague people need to get over it already.

Just curious, how old are you? I'm guessing for or against interleague play is for the most part a young for, old against, deal.

Westheim 09-11-2019 04:00 PM

I don't see any point at all why AL teams should not play NL teams during the regular season. They can trade with another, sign the other league's free agent, have a common draft, and hold common spring training. It's not like they're to each other as apples are to crossbows…

And every other major sports league also has everybody play the teams in the other league/conference to what degree is reasonable. Of the four major sports leagues, MLB actually has the smallest percentage of interleague/inter-conference games.

low 09-11-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david watts (Post 4535754)
just curious, how old are you? I'm guessing for or against interleague play is for the most part a young for, old against, deal.

David Watts 09-11-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by low (Post 4535763)

Well, so much for that. I was thinking it would be 40 and above against.