OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Schedules (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3632)
-   -   Need help with schedules for very short season league (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=308240)

Eugene Church 11-12-2019 12:23 PM

Need help with schedules for very short season league

Please know I am not good technologically... don't know how to import and install schedules... if possible, would like step-by-step instructions... I know that is a lot to ask, but they really help me.

I manually do my schedules now, but would hope I can use one of the schedules done by joefromchicago…. apparently created by theHip41.

ILN_BGY_G18_T4_C_HIP.lsdl (2.3 KB, 84 views)

ILN_BGY_G20_T6_C_HIP.lsdl (3.6 KB, 112 views)

Would I use both of these? or is the first for 4 teams and 18 games... the second one for 6 teams and 20 games?

Here's my League Description:
20-game schedule... 6 teams in each league... would play each team 4 times... 2 home, 2 away... 4 leagues... Sunday games only... beginning March 1... no interleague play... hope to eventually have postseason playoffs with the four league winners.

North Island First Division
North Island Second Division
South Island First Division
South Island Second Division

Do I need to install a schedule for each of the four leagues?... or will the game do it all at the same time?... I know currently I have to create schedules for each league individually for each new season.

Each season I have to recreate the schedules manually... the game doesn't apparently keep it season-to-season.
Is it possible to just do it for the first season and have the game automatically create it for each new season?

Would greatly appreciate your help.

Ruwisc 11-12-2019 06:44 PM

Are all four divisions in the same league? If they are, then you should use a schedule for 24 teams (I can whip one up if you let me know how you want it to go). If they are all separate leagues, then you can use thehip's schedule for all of them. Your guess is correct, that the first would be a schedule for 4 teams and 18 games, and the second would be for 6 teams and 20 games.

To import/install:
Get to the "Schedule Editor" screen by clicking Edit League Schedule from either the Functions or Options tabs of the league settings.
Click "Actions" at the top right and select Import From File
Then navigate to where the schedule is saved on your computer, most likely a Downloads folder

If the structure of the schedule you load matches the structure of your league, then it'll say something like "Schedule successfully imported" & you're good to go. It'll keep reloading itself every new season.

Eugene Church 11-12-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruwisc (Post 4559532)
Are all four divisions in the same league? If they are, then you should use a schedule for 24 teams (I can whip one up if you let me know how you want it to go). If they are all separate leagues, then you can use thehip's schedule for all of them. Your guess is correct, that the first would be a schedule for 4 teams and 18 games, and the second would be for 6 teams and 20 games.

To import/install:
Get to the "Schedule Editor" screen by clicking Edit League Schedule from either the Functions or Options tabs of the league settings.
Click "Actions" at the top right and select Import From File
Then navigate to where the schedule is saved on your computer, most likely a Downloads folder

If the structure of the schedule you load matches the structure of your league, then it'll say something like "Schedule successfully imported" & you're good to go. It'll keep reloading itself every new season.

Much appreciate your help, Ruwisc.

Thanks for the install help, too.