OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 6 - Dynasty Reports (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3975)
-   -   The 10-Peat (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=310736)

Habitant4Life 02-25-2020 07:00 PM

The 10-Peat

1 Attachment(s)
I doubt I'll ever be able to accomplish this again in any future playthroughs, so I figured I'd document it just for fun. I originally started this playthrough for the Great One achievement, ended up having a blast building a team around Gretzky, and decided to keep going.

I've always played the game with a defensive-first mentality, but when Gretzky is your franchise player, it helps surrounding him with guys that can keep up with his excellent skating. We laid waste to the whole league, some games weren't even close. The sheer volume of goal scoring made up for the fact that my top 6 forwards weren't even backchecking at all, and neither were my top two defensemen.

Along the way I picked up vets to help us such as Denis Potvin, Marcel Dionne, Guy Lafleur, Mark Howe. I drafted and or acquired the rights of players such as Patrick Roy, Mario Lemieux, Mats Sundin, Jaromir Jagr, Eric Lindros and Chris Pronger.

I'm a little burnt out from the playthrough, but I will return to it eventually. For now, I'm still going to keep achievement hunting. The historical challenges are what adds replay value to me, and I love them.

Cygnus_X1 02-25-2020 11:25 PM

Gretzky and co. T-posing over the rest of the league to assert dominance. what a sight to behold lmao

croatian 03-02-2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habitant4Life (Post 4591495)
I doubt I'll ever be able to accomplish this again in any future playthroughs, so I figured I'd document it just for fun. I originally started this playthrough for the Great One achievement, ended up having a blast building a team around Gretzky, and decided to keep going.

I've always played the game with a defensive-first mentality, but when Gretzky is your franchise player, it helps surrounding him with guys that can keep up with his excellent skating. We laid waste to the whole league, some games weren't even close. The sheer volume of goal scoring made up for the fact that my top 6 forwards weren't even backchecking at all, and neither were my top two defensemen.

Along the way I picked up vets to help us such as Denis Potvin, Marcel Dionne, Guy Lafleur, Mark Howe. I drafted and or acquired the rights of players such as Patrick Roy, Mario Lemieux, Mats Sundin, Jaromir Jagr, Eric Lindros and Chris Pronger.

I'm a little burnt out from the playthrough, but I will return to it eventually. For now, I'm still going to keep achievement hunting. The historical challenges are what adds replay value to me, and I love them.

Won 12 in a row with Edmonton (continued challenge) in FHM 4. You can check it, my profile at OOTP online is FilipCroatia :)