OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 18 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3916)
-   -   Steam Users - Please review OOTP 18 on Steam! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=275786)

Markus Heinsohn 03-24-2017 07:14 AM

Steam Users - Please review OOTP 18 on Steam!

Dear Steam users,

we would be very grateful if you could take a minute and write a short (or long if you prefer ;)) review of OOTP 18 on Steam. We depend highly on a good user score, so we're very happy about all the help we can get in this regard.

Here is the OOTP Steam page:
http://store.steampowered.com//app/465650

Thank you so much for your support!
Markus

Markus Heinsohn 06-23-2017 05:28 AM

Friendly bump! :) We need all the help here we can get!

Javs 07-07-2017 01:50 PM

How can I add OOTP 18 to Steam if I didn't use Steam to buy it?

Baldrick88 07-10-2017 01:58 AM

"How can I add OOTP 18 to Steam if I didn't use Steam to buy it?"

You can't!! Next year I'll just be buying the steam version. Seems like every time I update the regular game I loose my league. Last years version I had on steam, no issues updating and I played the heck out of it!! This year not so much :(

Sweed 07-10-2017 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldrick88 (Post 4215005)
"How can I add OOTP 18 to Steam if I didn't use Steam to buy it?"

You can't!! Next year I'll just be buying the steam version. Seems like every time I update the regular game I loose my league. Last years version I had on steam, no issues updating and I played the heck out of it!! This year not so much :(

Sorry but that has to be something on your end. If it was a wide spread issue the forums would be full of posts on the subject. I've had every version, bought direct from OOTP Developments, since v4 (2002) and have never lost a league either on an update or importing my on-going game into each new version.

Only thing that comes to mind is I use only default installation and save locations. Any change you use a custom setup that may be causing your issue?

If I was you, I'd file a technical support ticket, maybe they can resolve your issue?

washedbobdole 07-13-2017 11:32 AM

Problems with OOTP 18

So the game seemed to work fine for the first 24 hours but then it would not let me continue/load my saved standard career. Now whenever I even try to create a standard career I get a database logo error and it won't let me continue. Any suggestions?

cincyreds 07-15-2017 10:01 AM

I sure will Markus. It is good to be back!

bailey 07-19-2017 03:45 PM

Honestly, if I review the game on Steam it will be a bad one. You cannot play this game without being connected to Steam. Big mistake to buy this game from Steam.

Edit: I was wrong, you can play the game without being connected to Steam. I withdraw my complaint. However, I still won't buy on Steam again unless I have to.

Lukas Berger 07-19-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bailey (Post 4217809)
Honestly, if I review the game on Steam it will be a bad one. You cannot play this game without being connected to Steam. Big mistake to buy this game from Steam.

That has nothing to do with the game itself, that's just how Steam works. So you'd basically be reviewing Steam:confused:

Which if you don't like Steam, that's fine and part of why we always give you the option to buy directly from us anyway;)

low 07-19-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bailey (Post 4217809)

This makes no sense at all. You do realize what Steam is, correct? You understand its purpose?

rastyk 01-22-2018 07:18 PM

I know this is an old post, but I'm still frustrated that the steam ratings were propped up last year by the web site purchasers not getting steam keys. In other words, we had less flexibility so that the steam reviews would "count more". In the real world, this meant the 5? times that I fumbled around with the computer forgetting that it was activated, I could have simply booted up the steam version and bypassed it until I felt like working out the problem. I'm still very disappointed with this change and loss of flexibility.