OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 2 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3893)
-   -   Redesigned PO-Standings Screen (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=250830)

Sebastian Palkowski 02-13-2015 09:59 AM

Redesigned PO-Standings Screen

We had some time yesterday so we re-designed one of the ugliest FHM 2014 screens. Looks better now, right?

Disclaimer: all logos are only for showing the screen, the game will not ship with any original logos!

highheat42 02-13-2015 11:49 AM

Other then the Blues making the Cup Final it looks great:)

Duranium 02-13-2015 11:49 AM

Pens in the finals is always a good screen :)

seriously - looks great

GMO123 02-13-2015 12:16 PM

Nice except for one minor point.

It's not readily apparent which number of games won is for which team.

For example, New York and Montreal, 1 - 4. I would presume that the 1 is for New York and 4 is for Montreal because that makes the most sense visually and Montreal is in the next round of playoffs.

But I wonder if it's possible somehow to put the team name beside or above the number of games it won.

moore4807 02-13-2015 01:39 PM

The new screen is better - but I have to agree with GMO that the games won format should be alongside the teams names.
Perhaps you could fit it if you used the three letter abbreviation for the teams. That is something that has bugged me every time the Isles or Rangers do something - it just says New York.
Like in baseball (NYY or NYM) NYI or NYR which just about everybody understands as the common abbreviation.

Just my $.02

BlackIce 02-13-2015 01:46 PM

Games won should definitely be beside the team names other than that looks stellar!

Btw.. Booooooooooooooo Blues!!! where are the Flames !?? =)

Teloch 02-13-2015 02:19 PM

I'd probably cram the logos closer to the team name and add a black background boxes on the right side with white numbers to show the team wins.
Plus I hope we can change the silly cup picture for a proper Stanley Cup picture? Like a big one, up to the border of the white background.

Also, looking at your date on the game I assume it still does the silly thing of using OS language for day and month names in news etc?

lorreporre 02-13-2015 02:41 PM

I like the new screen too, with the same point that GMO stated. Other than that loosing in the conference final against the Penguins is ok, the Bruins not making the playoffs is more than ok ;)

moore4807 02-13-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorreporre (Post 3811422)
I like the new screen too, with the same point that GMO stated. Other than that loosing in the conference final against the Penguins is ok, the Bruins not making the playoffs is more than ok ;)

:laugh: You Canadiens fans sure know how to hold a grudge...

lorreporre 02-13-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moore4807 (Post 3811432)
:laugh: You Canadiens fans sure know how to hold a grudge...

Nah, i just don't like them that's all ^^ , the way they play hockey and the fact that they don't like us, but hey we swept them this season so ....:D
But i do respect them, they are a playoff team and if they make it (they should do it i believe), they might go far.

viktors89 02-13-2015 06:03 PM

Nice screen, a couple of minor details.

1. I would put the number of games won next to the name of the team.
So next to Pittsburgh would be a 2, and next to the blues a 3.

2. I don't want to sound like a dick but the image of the cup looks kind of "childish", maybe another more serious image could be put instead?

ThatSeventiesGuy 02-13-2015 06:21 PM

FHM: Seemingly, the only way my Blues will ever win a Stanley Cup in my lifetime...

Penfold75 02-13-2015 06:26 PM

Definitely like the new screen. Also very much more of a OOTP look

Simple Mathematics 02-13-2015 09:16 PM

Looks good. I would do 2 things:

1. Like a lot of people are saying, I would put the number of games won next to the team name.
2. I would flip-flop the conferences so the east is on the right and the west is on the left. It is like this on everything I have ever seen - since that's how it is on a compass.

scootermojo 02-13-2015 10:10 PM

The new playoff standings screen does look really good compared to previous version (which really wasn't that bad, either)...so good job!!!!

That being said....

1) I agree it would be a nice addition to have the games won listed next to the teams name....preferably after such as using the finals as an example in the screen shot above as "#1 St. Louis 3" and "#2 Pittsburgh 2".

2) I also agree with Simple Mathematics above that I also prefer listings such as conferences and divisions to be placed geographically on the screen or page with the West on the left side and the East on the right (also would be a nice touch to do with the division, also.....Pacific listed above the Central and the Atlantic listed above the Metropolitan in their respective conferences).

3) Another nice touch would be to list the round of the playoffs above all four rounds...."Conference Quarter-Finals" over the first round, "Conference Semi-Finals" over the 2nd round, Conference Finals over the 3rd round and Finals over the 4th round (be nice to be able to edit these names to our own liking, too).

4) I also think the championship trophy is a little.....well, it's not the Stanley Cup....would be a good edition with an option to edit that trophy picture...just sayin' ;)

5) Is there any way to fit into the league playoff leaders in there, too? Like goal, assists, points, goals against average, shutouts, save percentage and wins? I realize it's probably too late this far into programming but perhaps a suggestion for future versions.....????

Regardless, good job on the new design so far......I'm encouraged and have liked pretty much everything I've seen to this point and can't wait until FHM2 is released (PLEASE let it be soon....I'm jonesing bad!!!!)

Cole 02-13-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy (Post 3811537)
FHM: Seemingly, the only way my Blues will ever win a Stanley Cup in my lifetime...

The first 2014/2015 season I simmed in FHM 2, the Blues did in fact win the Cup :)

truebatman 02-14-2015 08:56 PM

I think it looks awesome as well! Disappointed to see that my Red Wings long playoff streak has apparently ended though, boooo to that

Cryomaniac 02-15-2015 11:57 AM

Looks cool, but I agree with the comments about the numbers being in an odd place and the cup icon being a bit poor.

trident 02-15-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryomaniac (Post 3812285)
Looks cool, but I agree with the comments about the numbers being in an odd place and the cup icon being a bit poor.

More along the lines of this?

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0116...st01jr_576.jpg

viktors89 02-15-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermojo (Post 3811659)
5) Is There any way to fit into the league playoff leaders in there, too? Like goal, assists, points, goals against average, shutouts, save percentage and wins? I realize it's probably too late this far into programming but perhaps a suggestion for future versions.....????

Putting this into the screen would make it too "crowded" IMO, don't you think? :)