OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM - Beta Data Issues (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3860)
-   -   National Hockey League/American Hockey League (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=228612)

archibalduk 03-08-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azhockeynut (Post 3458976)
I assume the coaching staffs etc have some work to be done.

That's right. We haven't begun rating staff quite yet.

lightz 03-08-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azhockeynut (Post 3458976)
I assume the coaching staffs etc have some work to be done.
for example most of the coaching and scouting staff in Phoenix is terrible according to ratings..... well, anyone that can do what they have done on no budget, fans, etc is FAR from terrible.
just an observation.
Mike Smith turned into a top shelf Goalie/Vezina contender after a lifetime as a backup, LaBarberra has resurrected his career, Bryz.... Sean Burke is a genious with Goalies and gets a lot of bang for his buck.... and Dave King or Dave Tippett?... probably don't need to say much more.

Personnel haven't been done for any team yet and most of the stuff they do haven't been implemented either so it will get better in the future.

mgom27 03-09-2013 05:42 PM

Brad Shaw might be part of the Blues but isn't their Head Coach.

Merla 03-10-2013 09:02 AM

Erik Karlsson is very underrated, or badly underachieving to say the least. He's not had more than 35 points in any season (simmed approx. 30 seasons).

mgom27 03-10-2013 09:52 AM

Most of the Teams unsigned Prospects are missing or I could be wrong.

Habsfan18 03-11-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merla (Post 3460283)
Erik Karlsson is very underrated, or badly underachieving to say the least. He's not had more than 35 points in any season (simmed approx. 30 seasons).

The database is still very much a work in progress.

Holden Caulfield 03-12-2013 01:06 AM

There is a long list of mistakes in the cases of who should be a RFA instead of UFA...in my Jets season in 0.9.4 after one season for example there was G Edward Pasquale, C Eric O'Dell, D Will O'Neill, etc...all seem to be young guys that start in the AHL on their second contracts...

CeeBee 03-12-2013 02:11 PM

Cory Schneider: Scouting Report- Schneider has no feel for the game whatsoever, flat out no hockey sense
( hope he knows which end of the stick is down? )

Roberto Luongo : Scouting Report - Luongo has no vision at all
( yikes, he's turning into Manny Malhotra)

Edster007 03-12-2013 10:08 PM

Small item. Playing 1975, clicked on free agent Marc Tardif and proceeded to offer contract. In his dialouge box he was treating it as if I were offering a contract extension. I randomly clicked through several other FA's and Tardif is the only one I came across who that happened with.

Saul Goodman 03-13-2013 05:41 AM

Just a couple of notes on positions of some Anaheim players, being that they should be set to 20, and their current listed positions on FHM should be reduced

Kyle Palmieri - RW (listed as C on FHM) - Not sure what he did in college, but has been a RW his entire pro career with Syracuse / Anaheim
Nick Bonino - C (listed as RW on FHM) - Never played wing in Anaheim or AHL
Emerson Etem - RW (listed as C on FHM) - I think he played some center in junior? But my understanding he played mostly on the wing in Medicine hat, and he's been purely a RW in Norfolk and Anaheim
Corey Perry - RW (listed as LW on FHM) - Hasn't played left wing in 4+ years in Anaheim, even then I'm unsure if he ever has

I'd also say Coglaino should have his LW rating raised to 20 and RW to around 17 and reduced in center. While he's 'officially' listed as center, he's barely played center while in Anaheim and is purely used as a winger.

Ducks Roster - Anaheim Ducks - Team

Note: If positions are dealt with later then never mind, just thought I'd put it up anyway :)

Edster007 03-16-2013 11:51 PM

A couple of notes, just finished 1975. In the finals during game Rangers vs Leafs, the two teams names appeared at the top near score and shots but down by which line was on the ice it had KC and North Stars (the two teams that lost in the conference final.

Another thing that just caught my eye during the season if a game ended in a tie on the calendar on top of the screen it says "Drawn at Bos 3-3. Seems odd, but maybe it's just me but I would think "at Bos 3-3 T (or W,L).

silvam14 03-17-2013 09:39 AM

Watched the Bruins game against the Capitals yesterday and noticed that Mike Ribeiro is now number 9, not 63

Big T 03-17-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvam14 (Post 3463931)
Watched the Bruins game against the Capitals yesterday and noticed that Mike Ribeiro is now number 9, not 63

That doesn't add up! :D

Parker27 03-17-2013 12:35 PM

Mike Brown is still Toronto. Toronto traded him to Edmonton Oilers.

sting004 03-18-2013 07:02 PM

I'm still kind of curious as to who did the initial player ratings. I know its a work in progress of course...it's just kind of funny to see good players become superstars and superstars become very, very average.

:)

I've re-done almost all NHL teams at this point and have gotten it pretty realistic. I had to tone down the Rangers the most...I'd like whatever that guy was smoking haha!

Lukas Berger 03-18-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sting004 (Post 3464527)
I'm still kind of curious as to who did the initial player ratings. I know its a work in progress of course...it's just kind of funny to see good players become superstars and superstars become very, very average.

:)

I've re-done almost all NHL teams at this point and have gotten it pretty realistic. I had to tone down the Rangers the most...I'd like whatever that guy was smoking haha!

Any specific ratings that bothered you? It's much more useful to the folks working on the ratings if you mention specifics, not just generalities. Otherwise it's hard to evaluate your comments and discern what changes are actually needed.

silvam14 03-19-2013 09:23 AM

some minor things

Anaheim ducks Bryan Allen is #55 not #5

Bruins' Milan Lucic' nickname is not "Luch" it should be "Looch"

Finnish Leaf 03-20-2013 04:14 AM

In my game when i call up emergency player and my injured player comes back to roster. Game says that called guy sent back down but he is still with my NHL roster. Hopefully you understand what i'll try to say. :o

Michael Farkas 03-20-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukasberger (Post 3464642)
Any specific ratings that bothered you? It's much more useful to the folks working on the ratings if you mention specifics, not just generalities. Otherwise it's hard to evaluate your comments and discern what changes are actually needed.

Right. That and the fact that individual ratings haven't been set yet, as has been mentioned numerous times. Just a very rough framework was put in place to test the game.

shaken_bacon 03-22-2013 04:45 AM

Leafs players with wrong numbers:

Mark Fraser is number 45 and not 2. (Also hope he gets a major ratings overhaul considering most of the season he has been the top +/- guy in the league.)

Holzer is 55 and not 5.

Kostka is 53 and not 28.

Maclaren is 38 and not 10.

Maclement is 11 and not 16.

Also curious if nicknames will actually be implemented for current NHL players or not. Wouldn't mind seeing Phil "The Thrill" Kessel or Jake "Silverstick" Gardiner. I'm guessing it will be reserved for only very common nicknames like Ovie, but I wouldn't mind seeing the nicknames make it in for all sorts of players.