OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   Injuries hit hard/firing team trainer (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=300218)

IanIachimoe 03-19-2019 08:14 PM

Injuries hit hard/firing team trainer

1st day of the season lost Cano to a broken hand.

2nd start of the season lost Syndergaard to oblique.

both long term injuries.

would firing my team trainer, who is good, and hiring an excellent or legendary trainer aid these guys recovery? or has the trainer's effect already taking place?

huge Mets fan & this is gonna be tough to make it through.

jimmysthebestcop 03-19-2019 09:12 PM

You're the Mets what did you expect ?

I fire the trainer out of principal. Season ending injuries no hope. But they can suffer setbacks so better trainer helps with that.

IanIachimoe 03-19-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop (Post 4455480)
You're the Mets what did you expect ?

I fire the trainer out of principal. Season ending injuries no hope. But they can suffer setbacks so better trainer helps with that.

LOL. can't argue with that.

can't really blame him or the broken hand, HBP, but don't want any setbacks. was looking forward to using Cano & Thor. playing out every game can become a chore when losing.

Mat 03-20-2019 03:26 AM

Then start again!

IanIachimoe 03-20-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat (Post 4455629)
Then start again!

It crossed my mind.

Hooray Saturday 03-20-2019 04:20 PM

if you're in commish mode you can undo or shorten the injury. it's your game. :D

texasmame 03-20-2019 04:47 PM

*raises hand*

How is the trainer responsible for a broken hand?

Hooray Saturday 03-20-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasmame (Post 4456131)
*raises hand*

I don't know about you, but I expect my trainers to be miracle workers, and if they aren't, they get the ax.

IanIachimoe 03-20-2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasmame (Post 4456131)
*raises hand*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooray Saturday (Post 4456167)
I don't know about you, but I expect my trainers to be miracle workers, and if they aren't, they get the ax.

LOL. more concerned with recovery/setbacks & the hand. can't blame the trainer for that one.

I can blame the WAS pitcher who dropped him in his 1st (or 2nd) AB & put him out for a couple months.

seems awfully convenient.

IanIachimoe 03-20-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooray Saturday (Post 4456109)
if you're in commish mode you can undo or shorten the injury. it's your game. :D

challenge mode. way too tempting to do so otherwise...

jimmysthebestcop 03-20-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanIachimoe (Post 4456190)
challenge mode. way too tempting to do so otherwise...

Give you credit for playing every game out. I def can't do that. I play a lot out. But no where close to a full season.

IanIachimoe 03-20-2019 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop (Post 4456199)
Give you credit for playing every game out. I def can't do that. I play a lot out. But no where close to a full season.

thanks. it has its drawbacks.

I've only gotten as far as 15-20 years in the same dynasty I've been playing since OOTP 16 (whichever was first with MLB license). might have started over a couple times.

just now starting to see the my first few draft classes reach the majors. I feel completely connected to their development & my world though. it's pretty cool.

CurlyKarkovice 03-21-2019 12:27 AM

I guess figure out if they are good at "Heal Other" and their rep/type is Great at "recovery" or I would hire that for a broken hand. My priorities with a trainer is Arm Prevention Outstanding, with a Great reputation, no matter if it is Recovery or Prevention. That's because 7-12 month elbow/arm injuries are the most derailing to a potentially good season and a young pitcher's potential can plummet. The player becoming Fragile after one of those happens all too often as well.