OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   OOTP 19 Steam users play time (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=299533)

AirmenSmith 03-04-2019 09:55 PM

OOTP 19 Steam users play time

1 Attachment(s)
So for steam users, what is your playtime at for OOTP 19?

r0nster 03-04-2019 10:20 PM

i usually get well over 1,000 hours on OOTP any version and I do NOT use Steam

jimmysthebestcop 03-05-2019 02:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not anywhere close to you. Ck2, pillars, hearts of iron were not this year. All others were. Prob had 200 hours sprinkled through various 15-25 hour time of games. Deep sky derelicts and vigilantes comes to mind. Plus always do a little Cities Skylines here and there. Caravan was another simple quick game I enjoyed.

This year is going to be tough because a month after OOTP 20 releases Paradox releases Imperator: Rome. Yikes. Talk about not having anytime.

Yarideki 03-05-2019 07:31 PM

Currently at 1,404 hours and still climbing. Though there is also an in game timer on the database screen when you're loaded into a game IIRC.

Westheim 03-05-2019 07:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Only used it for PT; when I am actually engaged with my team, I can rack up quite the tally, though.

kaykills 03-05-2019 07:48 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7b31979d19.jpg

A little too much time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damientheomen3 03-05-2019 08:05 PM

Around 130 hours. I was at roughly 50 until PT rolled around, but I have a strong tendency to just leave the game running and did a couple overnight sims for leagues I wanted to build 100 seasons of history for. Also factor in that for my main method of play I have to use OOTP 17 so I play that a bit more often than 19.

Caporegime 03-05-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirmenSmith (Post 4445748)
So for steam users, what is your playtime at for OOTP 19?

I don't play OOTP on Steam, so just by feel I'd say I only logged somewhere between 150-200 hours this past year, with most of that activity being recent. That's really, really low for me. I usually log far more hours on OOTP than that but I got distracted this past year.

The game that chewed up most of my free time last year was Ark Survival. I logged 812 hours playing Ark on Steam, although I haven't touched it since October.

https://i.postimg.cc/RhxXvcwr/steam.jpg

Arobbins 03-05-2019 11:18 PM

Origin says 322 hours on '19

Pirates 03-06-2019 03:15 PM

I am always curious about the following:
Why would someone buy a game on steam, knowing you don't own the game but are renting it. VS. Buying the game from OOTP directly where you actually own the game. When did paying the same price for an asset become better, to rent said asset then own said asset.

Now, I myself have a steam account, but I would rather own the game than rent it.

Thank you

Matt Arnold 03-06-2019 03:38 PM

Steam tells me I've played for 280 hours. Somehow I don't feel that that captures the full extend of my OOTP19 time...

Westheim 03-06-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirates (Post 4446664)
Why would someone buy a game on steam, knowing you don't own the game but are renting it. VS. Buying the game from OOTP directly where you actually own the game. When did paying the same price for an asset become better, to rent said asset then own said asset.

Now, I myself have a steam account, but I would rather own the game than rent it.

Thank you

So you wanna say your play time of OOTP 19 in Steam is zero? Because that is what this thread is about.

David Watts 03-06-2019 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westheim (Post 4446680)
So you wanna say your play time of OOTP 19 in Steam is zero? Because that is what this thread is about.

Ah, but at least "renting a game" is original. I'm not so sure that its lack of self righteousness will allow it to catch on though.

r0nster 03-06-2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Arnold (Post 4446676)
Steam tells me I've played for 280 hours. Somehow I don't feel that that captures the full extend of my OOTP19 time...

you have a logical reason. unless you been lazy for much of the year. LOL

Galeg 03-07-2019 12:10 PM

576 hours. I haven't played for several months and have the itch. Just starting up again to play around with how I want to do league setup for 20.

low 03-07-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirates (Post 4446664)

Thank you

Umm, no. Technically, you never "own" a game. You merely purchase the license to use it, whether you buy on Steam, GOG, or a physical copy from a retail store.

As for the OP, I didn't even put 200 hours into OOTP19 this past year.

David Watts 03-07-2019 01:36 PM

I have 1250. Still a long way to go to match the 3000+ spent playing OOTP16.

Pirates 03-07-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by low (Post 4447101)
Umm, no. Technically, you never "own" a game. You merely purchase the license to use it, whether you buy on Steam, GOG, or a physical copy from a retail store.

As for the OP, I didn't even put 200 hours into OOTP19 this past year.

If your steam account is shut down(for whatever the reason) you lose access to play all your games.
That's because the steam agreement states thats all purchases are for your ability to play a game. That right can be taken away from you at anytime.

Using your example makes my point.
OOTP = You own the license for that particular individual unit/game.
Steam = You rent the license for that particular individual unit/game.

See the difference. Why rent when you can own?

Westheim 03-07-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirates (Post 4447119)
If your steam account is shut down(for whatever the reason) you lose access to play all your games.

Show me one person that had ever had their Steam account wiped that did not either engage in fraudulent behavior or was in some way or form a first-rate ***hole on the platform. In which case - they deserve the treatment. Gabe Newell isn't randomly going around and deleting accounts just because he can.

Your point may technically valid, but only under very avoidable circumstances, but go on, keep beating that drum until it annoys people...

Pirates 03-07-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westheim (Post 4447224)
Show me one person that had ever had their Steam account wiped that did not either engage in fraudulent behavior or was in some way or form a first-rate ***hole on the platform. In which case - they deserve the treatment. Gabe Newell isn't randomly going around and deleting accounts just because he can.

Your point may technically valid, but only under very avoidable circumstances, but go on, keep beating that drum until it annoys people...

It was a simple question that I asked.
My statement is factually correct.
You obviously can't understand the question asked or you don't have the ability to answer said question.
The only reason you are getting annoyed, is one could assume you don't have the ability to answer said question.
And that, answers my question on why people rent vs own, for the exact same price per asset.
Thank you for that.