OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   What This General Board Is For & Posting Tips (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=257452)

kq76 08-02-2015 03:37 AM

What This General Board Is For & Posting Tips

Please try to start threads on the appropriate board. This General board is for topics that are of a general nature to the company or for something to do with the website. There's also an Off Topic board (it's opt-in) for topics that have nothing to do with sports or OOTP. If you're really not sure where your thread belongs, then okay, post it here and hopefully sooner or later a mod will move it, but otherwise you really should post it to the appropriate board.

Sometimes threads here will receive sufficient enough attention, but they'd probably get more and faster attention if they were posted to the appropriate board (not everyone reads every board, including this one).

Another tip is to be descriptive with your thread titles. The clearer the thread title is, the more likely someone will read your post and respond to it.

Maybe the biggest problem with dumping threads here is sometimes it's really not all that clear what game the thread is referring to. Is it to do with the latest version of OOTP, a previous version, or a mobile version? Sometimes it's not even clear whether a thread here is referring to one of the baseball games or the hockey game. If you post your thread to the appropriate board, however, then it's perfectly clear what game you're talking about.

Beatles Eternally 07-19-2018 02:55 PM

Lovely, but, I can't find where I am supposed to opt in

kq76 07-20-2018 03:38 PM

It looks like the link somehow became invalid. Here's another (Opting-In to OT is near the bottom).

drummerJ99 07-06-2022 10:08 AM

Wouldn't a game that suppose to be indeveleopment by OOTP be considered a good topic for "general discussion" section? I guess not since my post was moved to some hidden forum without answer.

Sweed 07-06-2022 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drummerJ99 (Post 4917294)
Wouldn't a game that suppose to be indeveleopment by OOTP be considered a good topic for "general discussion" section? I guess not since my post was moved to some hidden forum without answer.

Are you talking about your FOF post? It was answered in the first response with a link to the announcement.

Quote:

Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Post Important Announcement
Hi everyone!

After a lot of thought and discussion with all parties involved, we’ve made the difficult decision to shelve the Front Office Football project as a part of the overall Out of the Park Developments product offering.

In full transparency, OOTP Developments has changed a lot since we first got together with Jim. The user bases for Out of the Park Baseball and Franchise Hockey Manager have increased dramatically, as has the need to support those titles. Our development roadmap is significant, including major additions to both games’ single player components and live services. We are also investing heavily in our mobile app OOTP Go. Our development resources are already maxed out and will be for many months based on all the roadmap items we have.

Simply put, we won’t be able to allocate the resources we need to deliver the Front Office Football product up to the standards that our fans expect and deserve for a long time, so we’ve chosen to go in a different direction. Jim Gindin is and will always remain a good friend, and we expect that whatever he decides to do next with his franchise will be extraordinary, and we will support him the best we can. We gave him full ownership to the current FOF9 code and wish him all the best moving forward. You will be able to follow him on his personal blog: http://www.solecismic.com/frontierblog/

Thank you as always for all of your support.
Markus & the entire OOTP Developments team

PS: If you'd like to vent, here's a thread for that purpose (remember, keep it civilized & constructive please): https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=317397

The Game 07-06-2022 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kq76 (Post 4348765)
It looks like the link somehow became invalid. Here's another (Opting-In to OT is near the bottom).

Are the OT boards still filled with political squabbles? Leaving those boards was great for my mental health. Of course, I still get into fights on Twitter now. Is John McGraw still around?

quillenl 07-06-2022 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Game (Post 4917307)
Are the OT boards still filled with political squabbles? Leaving those boards was great for my mental health. Of course, I still get into fights on Twitter now. Is John McGraw still around?

Yeah, sometimes I just want to ask if anyone here has tried the latest ***whatever*** and it turns into nothing but insults and shouting as people hijack the thread to argue about whatever politician was trending twitter that day. Off Topic no longer equals Politics... if they are separate then I would be interested as well.

quillenl 07-06-2022 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kq76 (Post 4348765)

That link takes me to a page that says "File not Found". Maybe something that was moderated in the pass and is no longer accessible by normal users? Dunno... but clearly nothing there if "https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/announcement.php?f=25&a=12" was the intended link.

kq76 07-06-2022 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drummerJ99 (Post 4917294)
Wouldn't a game that suppose to be in development by OOTP be considered a good topic for "general discussion" section? I guess not since my post was moved to some hidden forum without answer.

If you didn't see the responses to it, FOF is no longer associated with OOTP and its developer sold it off.

And threads that ask about OOTP developing other games invariably devolve into talk about non-OOTP games which gets them moved to OT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Game (Post 4917307)

No, it's pretty much dead. My guess is covid may have taken some of the people who posted there. Or maybe they just moved to other forums. There's a few active threads, but from the titles my guess is they're just nonsense.

I don't know about McGraw. I do miss a lot of the people that used to post there (I started to make a list, but it was becoming too long and I didn't want to leave any of the best out), but most of them are long gone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quillenl (Post 4917326)
Yeah, sometimes I just want to ask if anyone here has tried the latest ***whatever*** and it turns into nothing but insults and shouting as people hijack the thread to argue about whatever politician was trending twitter that day. Off Topic no longer equals Politics... if they are separate then I would be interested as well.

Yeah, I liked asking the odd question or posting a random opinion, but with so few active people now it seems pointless.

OT and politics/religion was separated for a long while (there was an OT Debates subforum), but some people didn't like what little was posted there and they got it closed. I thought that stuff would then just get posted elsewhere here, but instead it looks like some people just left OT altogether.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quillenl (Post 4917327)
That link takes me to a page that says "File not Found". Maybe something that was moderated in the pass and is no longer accessible by normal users? Dunno... but clearly nothing there if "https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/announcement.php?f=25&a=12" was the intended link.

Interesting. The first link with "board" in it redirected to the new link with "forums" in it, but the second link, the one you quoted, doesn't. I fixed it.

I posted about broken links recently. I didn't realize that some were being successfully redirected though.