OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3957)
-   -   New Vlad Jr. Live Card (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=302931)

dishnet34 05-06-2019 10:41 AM

New Vlad Jr. Live Card

I'm curious as to why the new Vlad Jr. Live card that came out this morning is already a perfect. I know he's pretty well-hyped up, but he's only batting .167 or something so far in his first handful of games. Small sample size, I know, but Vlad Jr. already being a perfect on his Live card seems like a puzzling decision for a few people on here and on the Discord considering his real-life stats so far.

Like, we're fine with his FL card being a 100, but some of us feel like he should earn it on the Live Card, and not be a perfect right off the bat. Just my 2 cents. :)

moalkha 05-06-2019 11:05 AM

I'm curious to see his live ratings and how far he will drop with the next update.

moalkha 05-06-2019 11:07 AM

So far he is the only player with multiple perfect cards :)

Orcin 05-06-2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dishnet34 (Post 4484488)
Like, we're fine with his FL card being a 100, but some of us feel like he should earn it on the Live Card, and not be a perfect right off the bat. Just my 2 cents. :)

I agree. I think it is because his card is 99% projection right now. Quick sell if you get it. :)

phillzigg 05-06-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin (Post 4484506)
I agree. I think it is because his card is 99% projection right now. Quick sell if you get it. :)

My thoughts exactly.

Argonaut 05-06-2019 11:45 AM

I don't mind this, it probably is a reflection of his excellent ratings in the base OOTP game. Markus said that by the end of the season the LIVE ratings will be 80% stats and 20% initial ratings. So if Vlad doesn't shape up the card value will drop a bunch over time.

atabakin 05-06-2019 12:00 PM

Someone a few weeks ago guessed that Vlad would debut in the low 80s. I didn't think so considering Eloy was a 94 his first week. But 100 is a stretch with his defensive ratings. He can train up at 1B or LF if the ratings are the same as the FL card, but a 38 3B needs otherworldly batting ratings to justify a 100.

PocketsAintFull 05-06-2019 12:15 PM

He must already be a future legend :p

(Pretty silly for the live cards, c’mon ootp ;))

MarkGracesSlumpBuster 05-06-2019 12:19 PM

The live card concept has been a disaster. All cards should update based on performance.. not just some here and there, and then unexplained card rating changes that don’t reflect performance.

CurlyKarkovice 05-06-2019 12:26 PM

I'm okay with it so far. I wouldn't say its a disaster unless it is taking time away from developers being able to roll out the new features that would take PT to another level. As in tournaments and card collection achievements.

Whoofe 05-06-2019 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkGracesSlumpBuster (Post 4484563)
The live card concept has been a disaster. All cards should update based on performance.. not just some here and there, and then unexplained card rating changes that don’t reflect performance.

not a disaster, but some players appear to be getting larger bumps than others because of their names, rather than the actual stats.

then again, the OVR rating may be overrated itself at times...

UltimateAverageGuy 05-06-2019 12:44 PM

I hope you'll get over this disaster soon, be strong.

chazzycat 05-06-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkGracesSlumpBuster (Post 4484563)

the ratings have a sound basis in ZiPs projections. It's about they best they could do, really. Vlad Jr. has ridiculously good projections because he is one of the best prospects in a generation.

webdox 05-06-2019 02:17 PM

A fool and his money...

bonalditaylor 05-06-2019 02:31 PM

Bad move OOTP devs. I understand its based on zips projections Ive been told, but still, have you even been following his at bats? Hes adjusting for sure, struggling you might even argue. 100 is not justified in any ways.

atabakin 05-06-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chazzycat (Post 4484603)
the ratings have a sound basis in ZiPs projections. It's about they best they could do, really. Vlad Jr. has ridiculously good projections because he is one of the best prospects in a generation.

So does zips think that Vlad will be by far the best contact hitter in MLB for the rest of the season? Because that's what the ratings suggest.

webdox 05-06-2019 02:54 PM

I'll post his stats at the end of the week. My team finally dropped back down to Diamond after a 3rd straight 100 loss season up in Perfect so this should be a good test for what kind of numbers he can put up. Hopefully as the real season goes on he gets somewhat better as a fielder but as it stands he is my DH now. I had Brothers as my DH for several seasons and Junior looks as though he might be a suitable replacement for now.

moalkha 05-06-2019 03:25 PM

On a related note, Fernando Tatis' live card is already better than his future legend one :)

mess 05-06-2019 03:27 PM

I'm actually really surprised to see him at 100.

I really expected him to be a low-mid 80s.

chazzycat 05-06-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atabakin (Post 4484626)
So does zips think that Vlad will be by far the best contact hitter in MLB for the rest of the season? Because that's what the ratings suggest.

I haven't seen the card. I just know everyone complains whenever they think the devs manually adjust cards. And they have been very clear they don't do that. I trust them on that, because it's in their best interest. So if his card is rated too highly it's not because someone just decided to make him perfect...it's all automatic based on algorithms and projections.

I will concede that if his ratings show him as the best contact hitter in MLB, that is a bit too much. His projections are quite good, but not THAT good. If that is the case it's certainly possible that the algorithm needs some fine tuning around the edges or something. A player of his talent at that age is so incredibly rare, I imagine he's something of a corner case, and maybe the system isn't handling it perfectly.