OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   Hoping to see in XX or added soon (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=299586)

tem316 03-06-2019 06:31 AM

Hoping to see in XX or added soon

Two things really need to be in the New XX edition or added soonly! Both would be for people that love playing Challenge mode as a GM.
1) Allow the "Make this work" function available to both teams. Shopping a player is okay, but sometimes you just want a little more for a guy then a single player. Allow the searching Human GM to ask WHO is available to be added to the deal.

2)Allow a function to offer a buyout of an Aged Players huge contract. I love rebuilding teams, and I love the chemistry building functions, HOWEVER I rarely will start a replay where I Use Challenge mode, with a rebuild team of overpriced players, AND the team chemistry turned on. Using all three sucks the joy out of the game real fast.
Thanks for listening, I'll jump down off my soapbox and start playing again.

Westheim 03-06-2019 07:20 AM

Re 1) No. The AI will tell you that the deal on the table works; this would make it trivially easy to flog them for (semi)valuable prospects it would thus "accidentally" and needlessly surrender. And *especially* in Challenge Mode.....

Cactusguy21 03-06-2019 08:00 AM

1) Yes, definitely. I would love to see a "make this work" in reverse.

IanIachimoe 03-06-2019 12:09 PM

I don't need make this work both ways.
I wouldn't mind a buy out option.
I'd like to see manager of year awards, rings, etc, included with manager pic.
holdouts would be cool.
long relievers being able to go 3-4 innings.
better offers from CPU controlled teams for players on block.

off top of my head & nitpicking.

beadlejuice44 03-06-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tem316 (Post 4446479)
Two things really need to be in the New XX edition or added soonly! Both would be for people that love playing Challenge mode as a GM.
1) Allow the "Make this work" function available to both teams. Shopping a player is okay, but sometimes you just want a little more for a guy then a single player. Allow the searching Human GM to ask WHO is available to be added to the deal.

2)Allow a function to offer a buyout of an Aged Players huge contract. I love rebuilding teams, and I love the chemistry building functions, HOWEVER I rarely will start a replay where I Use Challenge mode, with a rebuild team of overpriced players, AND the team chemistry turned on. Using all three sucks the joy out of the game real fast.
Thanks for listening, I'll jump down off my soapbox and start playing again.

Maybe not a "make this work" for the other team, but a "I need more" response to a trade proposal, and you can get a reply saying, sorry no more, or a counter offer

AirmenSmith 03-06-2019 05:10 PM

I would love both as well. My want is to have managers and executives go into the hall as well.

Cactusguy21 03-06-2019 05:29 PM

+1 to better CPU offers for players on block
putting a player on the block does nothing in single player mode right now, which is dumb.

bwburke94 03-12-2019 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tem316 (Post 4446479)

OOTP tracks 10 years of dead money, including the current year. A buyout would likely spread the contract value over the 9 future years adjusted for the league's inflation value, which isn't too hard to code.

It would make more sense if the game had more dead money years, most obviously with the Bobby Bonilla buyout which went 35 years into the future.

(Bonilla doesn't even hold the record, as Darryl Strawberry's went 43 years into the future.)