OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - 3D Models (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3879)
-   -   Historical, Fictional & Misc. Parks update (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=284762)

adion 02-03-2018 02:32 PM

Historical, Fictional & Misc. Parks update

5 Attachment(s)
With the help of Silvam, the creator of these parks, I have updated them with night time backgrounds. I have named them all with V1_4 so you should be able to install them and they will overwrite any with this version number. Otherwise, you will have to re-connect the team(s) to this manually.

Here are examples of historic (Sportsman) and a fictional (3).

Most are made with my backgrounds but in a few of the more modern historicals I used some OOTP 18 Sky Boxes. I was never happy with the historic background for Wrigley as I could not find good photos. So I used the OOTP skyboxes and removed some of the sky scrapers for each older Wrigley.

If you have any problems or find errors, omission or whatever, just let me know.

I would like to thank Silvam because without all his hard work making these parks,none of this would be possible.

I have also uploaded the sky backgrounds I use. The 7th inning stretch music I use which include Harry Caray and advertising signs I use for OOTP18. The installation instructions for each is contained in a txt file with each download. All of these should work with OOTP19 with the
possible exception of the advertising which I may have to fiddle with. I will look at that, if it doesn't look right, after 19 is released.

Here are the links;
Historical: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/akd2ejkdtk4dx/Historic
Fictional: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/x10fhc8413v8y/Fictional
Misc./requests: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/hlppfgks3lqdi/Other
Stretch: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/2obof4jzg1a52/Music
Skies: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/frea...zb/Backgrounds
Signage: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/fej3h274idijr/Signage

Jerry Helper 02-03-2018 09:25 PM

You guys rock!!

silvam14 02-04-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adion (Post 4274373)
With the help of Silvam, the creator of these parks, I have updated them with night time backgrounds. I have named them all with V1_4 so you should be able to install them and they will overwrite any with this version number. Otherwise, you will have to re-connect the team(s) to this manually.

Here are examples of historic (Sportsman) and a fictional (3).

Most are made with my backgrounds but in a few of the more modern historicals I used some OOTP 18 Sky Boxes. I was never happy with the historic background for Wrigley as I could not find good photos. So I used the OOTP skyboxes and removed some of the sky scrapers for each older Wrigley.

If you have any problems or find errors, omission or whatever, just let me know.

I would like to thank Silvam because without all his hard work making these parks,none of this would be possible.

I have also uploaded the sky backgrounds I use. The 7th inning stretch music I use which include Harry Caray and advertising signs I use for OOTP18. The installation instructions for each is contained in a txt file with each download. All of these should work with OOTP19 with the
possible exception of the advertising which I may have to fiddle with. I will look at that, if it doesn't look right, after 19 is released.

Here are the links;
Historical: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/akd2ejkdtk4dx/Historic
Fictional: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/x10fhc8413v8y/Fictional
Misc./requests: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/hlppfgks3lqdi/Other
Stretch: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/2obof4jzg1a52/Music
Skies: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/frea...zb/Backgrounds
Signage: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/fej3h274idijr/Signage

That was awfully fast! great work

adion 02-04-2018 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvam14 (Post 4274682)
That was awfully fast! great work

Only about 200 parks! It keep me busy for a while but the more I did, the more short cuts I found. Hopefully there are not many errors.

Thanks.

pstrickert 02-04-2018 09:31 AM

Looks like a typo on one of the Kansas City file names.

adion 02-04-2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstrickert (Post 4274696)
Looks like a typo on one of the Kansas City file names.

I just looked at the list on the download site and you are correct, there is a Kanas. There was no 73 version in the original a1_4 version so there is nothing to overwrite. Anyone wanting to use this can just rename the file with the correct spelling.

There were very few parks that I had to change the name. Most are the same as the original v1_4 versions. So it should not be a problem. I am more concerned that I made some errors in the day to night conversions as that was a somewhat tedious process and I started getting blurry eyed and tired at times.

I appreciate you check the files though.

Thanks.

pstrickert 02-04-2018 11:27 AM

adion, here are the parks I did not find a match for in your list:

Baker Bowl 1895-1909
Briggs (3 versions)
Camden Yard 92-11

pstrickert 02-04-2018 12:07 PM

I wonder if you replaced Briggs with Navin and I simply did not delete the Briggs files?

pstrickert 02-04-2018 12:09 PM

One word about these ballparks, adion: FANTASTIC!

pstrickert 02-04-2018 12:09 PM

And that goes for silvam, too. Such a treat to see these old parks with gorgeous backgrounds in game. :)

adion 02-04-2018 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstrickert (Post 4274726)
adion, here are the parks I did not find a match for in your list:

Baker Bowl 1895-1909
Briggs (3 versions)
Camden Yard 92-11

I don't have a Baker Bowl 1895-1909 and don't see one in Silvam's download page nor mine. So I don't know where it came from. If you have link to it, send to me and I will see if I can do it.

I will go back and look at Briggs. I haven't used them because I didn't think they were much good. I made them.

I see that Camden Yard in my models file. I am not sure why it didn't have a v1_4 on it. It is not on my, or Silvam's, original v1-4 download list. I seem to recall that I had a problem with. I will check this out also.

adion 02-04-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adion (Post 4274744)
I don't have a Baker Bowl 1895-1909 and don't see one in Silvam's download page nor mine. So I don't know where it came from. If you have link to it, send to me and I will see if I can do it.

I will go back and look at Briggs. I haven't used them because I didn't think they were much good. I made them.

I see that Camden Yard in my models file. I am not sure why it didn't have a v1_4 on it. It is not on my, or Silvam's, original v1-4 download list. I seem to recall that I had a problem with. I will check this out also.

I am adding Camden to my download list. I knew there was a reason I stopped messing with Briggs. It is my understand that Briggs and Navin are one and the same. Since Silvam made Navin parks I used his. I tried making a few variations of Briggs using a Tiger stadium I downloaded from someplace, probably 3D warehouse, I did a lot of deletions, additions and and changes to the stands. but I had I lot of problems with the scale of the park and it never looked right to me so I stopped. The Navins that Silvam did don't look like some of the pictures I found for Briggs for that era but I don't know which is correct so I used Navin for those periods.

If you are really interested in those 3 Briggs, maybe Silvam can fix them. I will send him the files if he wants to try.

pstrickert 02-04-2018 02:32 PM

No, I'm not interested in Briggs. But thanks for looking into it. :)

I'm uploading the Baker Bowl 1895-1909 folder. In a minute, it should be available here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0sgpvij93...-1909.zip?dl=0

adion 02-04-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstrickert (Post 4274799)
No, I'm not interested in Briggs. But thanks for looking into it. :)

I'm uploading the Baker Bowl 1895-1909 folder. In a minute, it should be available here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0sgpvij93...-1909.zip?dl=0

That looks familiar. I remember those signs. I don't know what happened to it but I will do this one, probably tomorrow--maybe later tonight.

Thanks

Markus Heinsohn 02-05-2018 03:28 AM

Awesome! I have stickied this post :) Great job everyone!

Xogo 03-03-2018 02:47 PM

Will these work for 19 or need to be redone?

adion 03-03-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xogo (Post 4286613)
Will these work for 19 or need to be redone?

I am not sure which ones you are talking about but all the ones recently uploaded will work in 18 and 19. If you don't have the links let me know.

Xogo 03-04-2018 05:51 PM

Ive downloaded multiple stadiums (files)

I dont see an .txt file in any of them for directions.

Could you please post

Cork55 03-04-2018 06:09 PM

Not seeing any crowds when using these. otherwise they look great.

adion 03-04-2018 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xogo (Post 4287063)
Ive downloaded multiple stadiums (files)

I dont see an .txt file in any of them for directions.

Could you please post

Just extract each park into the the models folder. You will have to link tot he park(s) in the the edit park page and select the .obj file.

adion 03-04-2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cork55 (Post 4287075)
Not seeing any crowds when using these. otherwise they look great.

Do you the park(s) installed directly in the models folder, i.e. not in any sub folder or some other folder?

Xogo 03-05-2018 09:16 PM

Are there files in these folders to be used for Daytime, Nighttime and Diagram Picture?

If so, which are for which?

adion 03-06-2018 05:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xogo (Post 4287564)
Are there files in these folders to be used for Daytime, Nighttime and Diagram Picture?

If so, which are for which?

All the v1_4 parks currently available for download have daytime, nighttime 2d pictures and a diagram pictures in addition to showing night and daytime in 3d. The 2d pictures and diagrams are in the folder for that park as well as the .obj for the 3D park, as you can see in this folder for the Angels. I had forgotten to add the 2D pictures in my initial uploads but Silvam fixed that.

silvam14 03-06-2018 10:38 PM

I would also add that I am going through all of my stadiums and setting the correct 2D ball locations for the various pictures. I will also touch up some of the 3D models a little where needed.

adion 03-07-2018 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvam14 (Post 4288079)
I would also add that I am going through all of my stadiums and setting the correct 2D ball locations for the various pictures. I will also touch up some of the 3D models a little where needed.

If you need any help with anything, let me know.

ecd1973 03-16-2018 09:54 AM

I never really got a good answer on this anywhere. How do I use these historical parks in an exhibition game? I'm not sure where the list of stadiums comes from when setting up an exhibition game / series so I'm not sure how to modify those stadiums to change the 3d model / pictures, etc.

Does anyone know?

adion 03-16-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecd1973 (Post 4292503)
I never really got a good answer on this anywhere. How do I use these historical parks in an exhibition game? I'm not sure where the list of stadiums comes from when setting up an exhibition game / series so I'm not sure how to modify those stadiums to change the 3d model / pictures, etc.

Does anyone know?

You have to select the 3D parks for the 2 teams you are using in an exhibition from edit ballparks/pictures&coordinates then select the team then the 3D model select file then select 3D Model from the menu line just above. You will see the park you selected and how to change views. All of this is in the manual or availabe from help. I don't know what you mean by modifying the stadiums.

Cole 03-24-2018 08:29 PM

So to get these to work in game, do I simply just go into "Edit ballpark" and find the appropriate .obj file and load it and that's it?

Or do I need to also go and load up the separate day and night photos? (or is that done automically once I load the .obj?)

And do all these files need to be in a specific spot to work long term or can I just keep them in my downloaded folder, load them from within the game and be fine?

Also, do the park factors and fence heights/distances automatically adjust with each park, or are those needed to be changed manually by the user?

pstrickert 03-24-2018 08:38 PM

Colle, the historical ballparks mod I constructed is designed to save the user time. Pics, stadium diagrams, and 3D models are assigned automatically. Of course, you can always make a change manually later. But the tedium is avoided.

Cole 03-24-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstrickert (Post 4299756)
Colle, the historical ballparks mod I constructed is designed to save the user time. Pics, stadium diagrams, and 3D models are assigned automatically. Of course, you can always make a change manually later. But the tedium is avoided.

Sorry I should have specified I'm using the fictional ballparks and assigning them to fictional ballparks in a custom league.

Cole 03-25-2018 07:55 AM

OK the Fictional stadiums I'm loading seem to be working although the part where the crowd should be is just showing up black. Am I missing a step to prevent this ?

adion 03-25-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole (Post 4299919)
OK the Fictional stadiums I'm loading seem to be working although the part where the crowd should be is just showing up black. Am I missing a step to prevent this ?

Are you using the currents ones that I upload this past Feb.? If you look in the texture folder that is in the park folder there will be a _day image and a _ night image. If they are not in there you don't have the current versions I just checked a couple of mine and they work fine. You don't have to do anything except putting the park(s) folder directly in the Models folder, i.e. not in any sub folder. If you don't have the current ones, here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/x10fhc8413v8y/Fictional

Cole 03-25-2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adion (Post 4299956)
Are you using the currents ones that I upload this past Feb.? If you look in the texture folder that is in the park folder there will be a _day image and a _ night image. If they are not in there you don't have the current versions I just checked a couple of mine and they work fine. You don't have to do anything except putting the park(s) folder directly in the Models folder, i.e. not in any sub folder. If you don't have the current ones, here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/x10fhc8413v8y/Fictional

I downloaded them last night from the first post in this thread so I think they are up to date.

Can you clarify what steps I should be taking to import though? I was simply going into "load 3D model" in ballpark edit and then navigating to where I had all the parks saved on my desktop and finding the corresponding .obj file I wanted to use and then loading it. I wasn't moving any files or folders anywhere specific, is that wrong?

Also an additional question ... I'm using the Fictional ballparks ... do they have park factors and correct wall heights/distances attached to them? Or is up to me as the user to look at the photo and then come up with what wall heights/distances/park factors I believe correlate ?

Thanks.

adion 03-25-2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole (Post 4299975)
I downloaded them last night from the first post in this thread so I think they are up to date.

Can you clarify what steps I should be taking to import though? I was simply going into "load 3D model" in ballpark edit and then navigating to where I had all the parks saved on my desktop and finding the corresponding .obj file I wanted to use and then loading it. I wasn't moving any files or folders anywhere specific, is that wrong?

Also an additional question ... I'm using the Fictional ballparks ... do they have park factors and correct wall heights/distances attached to them? Or is up to me as the user to look at the photo and then come up with what wall heights/distances/park factors I believe correlate ?

Thanks.

Each park folder must be in the Models folder to work correctly, i.e. 3D crowds and day&night backgrounds. The you select the one you want to use in the edit park section. In regard to your additional questions, Silvam made those parks. I just added the backgrounds. I don't use them so I never even looked at those factors.

Cole 03-25-2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adion (Post 4300070)
Each park folder must be in the Models folder to work correctly, i.e. 3D crowds and day&night backgrounds. The you select the one you want to use in the edit park section. In regard to your additional questions, Silvam made those parks. I just added the backgrounds. I don't use them so I never even looked at those factors.

So I do need to move the stuff to a specific folder.. but do I actually have to load IN GAME more than just the .obj file?

Like do I have to in "Edit Ballpark" go also load the 3D crowd files/day & night backgrounds, etc.. Or does that all import automatically as long as you load the .obj and the files are in the right folder?

Jeff1787 03-25-2018 04:12 PM

Where do the ballpark factors come from...Seamheads.com or ??

Tim28 03-26-2018 03:50 PM

Is it possible to use these in historical exhibition so they sync correctly with each team? For example, I am playing a home game with the 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers. I downloaded the 1948-1957 Ebbets Field file and put it into the model folder. When I go to play a game the default still shows up.

adion 03-26-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim28 (Post 4301115)
Is it possible to use these in historical exhibition so they sync correctly with each team? For example, I am playing a home game with the 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers. I downloaded the 1948-1957 Ebbets Field file and put it into the model folder. When I go to play a game the default still shows up.

No automatic sync. You need to go to League settings/edit ballparks then select pictures & coordinates then select the ball park for each team in your league using 3D model select file.

Tim28 03-26-2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adion (Post 4301162)
No automatic sync. You need to go to League settings/edit ballparks then select pictures & coordinates then select the ball park for each team in your league using 3D model select file.

Ok thank you!

Jeff1787 03-26-2018 07:28 PM

pstrickert 03-26-2018 07:34 PM

Garlon (an OOTP beta team member and mathematician by trade). He uses a complicated formula to determine park factors.

adion 03-26-2018 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff1787 (Post 4301288)

I don't know. Maybe Silvam or pstrickert can answer that.

pastafazoule 04-06-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adion (Post 4287143)
Just extract each park into the the models folder. You will have to link tot he park(s) in the the edit park page and select the .obj file.

can you tell me where the models folder is i am on a mac

adion 04-06-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastafazoule (Post 4307751)
can you tell me where the models folder is i am on a mac

I don't know. I don't have a MAC. In Windows it is in the Documents folder. I would think there would be a similar folder in the MAC. I assume a MAC would have a search function. Just do a search for OOTP and you should find it.

pastafazoule 04-06-2018 03:26 PM

historic 3d stadiums not loading

why is that when i play a historic game i can edit a old park in 3d but when i go to play the game the stadium loads as one of the generic ballparks,what am i doing wrong

pastafazoule 04-06-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adion (Post 4307792)
I don't know. I don't have a MAC. In Windows it is in the Documents folder. I would think there would be a similar folder in the MAC. I assume a MAC would have a search function. Just do a search for OOTP and you should find it.

ty i found it but when i go to play a historic game i load a historic park i can 3d edit the park but when i go to play the game the park loads as one of the 2 generic parks ty for the responds

Silent_Thunder 04-15-2018 03:02 AM

Is there a way to lock in the 3d models? During historical replay it seems like it attempts to reload the model every year, and I have to go abck and reset it to the modded ones.

crawdad5000 04-15-2018 03:50 AM

To Silvam14, Adion, and pstrickert,

Kudos for making these parks available and so easy to use. I started a random historical league in 1921 (wanted to skip the dead ball era stats for once) and am currently in 1934. The stadiums are fantastic. Playing in 3D takes this game to a higher level. I use the stadiums by the year they are assigned for a very authentic look. Because you all positioned the players and ball tracking already makes it that much sweeter. PSTrickert's auto upload is a great time saver.

I created an affiliated triple A farm system in 1930 also, once I had enough free agents, and I assigned those sixteen teams with the fictional parks. They look beautiful. Thanks again for making a great game even better. This is my 15th year playing OOTP.

silvam14 04-15-2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawdad5000 (Post 4311988)
To Silvam14, Adion, and pstrickert,

Kudos for making these parks available and so easy to use. I started a random historical league in 1921 (wanted to skip the dead ball era stats for once) and am currently in 1934. The stadiums are fantastic. Playing in 3D takes this game to a higher level. I use the stadiums by the year they are assigned for a very authentic look. Because you all positioned the players and ball tracking already makes it that much sweeter. PSTrickert's auto upload is a great time saver.

I created an affiliated triple A farm system in 1930 also, once I had enough free agents, and I assigned those sixteen teams with the fictional parks. They look beautiful. Thanks again for making a great game even better. This is my 15th year playing OOTP.

is that you Raidergoo?

crawdad5000 04-16-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvam14 (Post 4312333)
is that you Raidergoo?

Nope, but I am a Raider fan even though I work for the Reds organization in Dayton. Class A ball, woop!