OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3636)
-   -   Logo Request: Victor Valley Horns (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=303512)

Hendu Style 05-24-2019 01:50 AM

Logo Request: Victor Valley Horns

I feel like I’m pushing my luck with the fantastic community here at ootp, but I promise to reward you with a great Dynasty thread where you can follow the teams that are being built before our very eyes.

After TXRanger created a magnificent Diamond Baseball League logo, and bjorgenson followed suit with a stunning Palmdale Aces logo (and matching uniforms and cap), I humbly submit to you my next request for the eight-team DBL:

Victor Valley Horns

Owned by prominent agriculture entrepreneur Casey Atherton, the Horns play in Hesperia, in the high desert region of Southern California. The team name “Horns” is short for the Pronghorn Antelope, which roam the Victor Valley. In fact, the team’s owner runs Pronghorn Farms, the once dilapidated and dusty remains of the former Pronghorn Ranch. The farms are now thriving, and Mr. Atherton is building a “Field of Dreams” type ballpark for his field workers and farmhands, along with the Victor Valley community, to gather and watch baseball.

I have no preference on logo colors or anything else. Maybe it’s two interlacing V’s with horns coming out of the sides. I just hope you can let your imagination run wild so when this team actually takes flight in the Dynasty Forums, you feel like it’s your team. My only request is that you try to sneak a “diamond” into the logo somewhere. Your definition of a diamond could be anything... but I do have a simple idea if you think it fits: dotting the “i” in Victor Valley with a small diamond. It’s just a little Easter Egg I’m trying to sneak into all eight teams, to represent the Diamond Baseball League.

Thanks as always,
Hendu Style/DrDynastic

Clovidequano Dovatha 05-24-2019 02:40 AM

Might try this, but I may have to do at least part of it with MS Paint, if not all of it. So be forewarned. And it may not be as you might normally expect from most around here, either, just so you know. CD out.

Clovidequano Dovatha 05-24-2019 09:41 AM

I will see if I can come up with something by Tuesday, but it may take a while, and the logo will not likely be square or circular, just so you know. If I do it, it will probably be quite colorful, and definitely original. It may also be a bit rough-looking, but if I do this, I'll see what I can do for you here. CD out.

Clovidequano Dovatha 05-24-2019 10:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I have so far. Granted, it may need a lot of work still, at least, but here's where I am so far. It certainly might need to be reworked, or reimagined, or something, but it is what it is so far. I'll keep working at it. CD out.

Eugene Church 05-24-2019 11:15 AM

Pretty creative design, CD.

Eugene Church 05-24-2019 11:18 AM

Hendu Style,

I will give the good graphics designers a few days to do this... should you not get any other responses, I will create a basic logo.

Something plain and basic is the best I can do.

zdubbya13 05-24-2019 04:38 PM

How's this?

https://zingboomtarrarel.files.wordp...onghorns-2.png

zdubbya13 05-24-2019 05:02 PM

Cap:

https://zingboomtarrarel.files.wordp...horns_home.png

zdubbya13 05-24-2019 05:13 PM

Jerseys:

https://zingboomtarrarel.files.wordp...horns_away.png

https://zingboomtarrarel.files.wordp...horns_home.png

txranger 05-24-2019 05:53 PM

Victor Valley Horns

1 Attachment(s)

Victor Valley Horns

txranger 05-24-2019 07:16 PM

Victor Valley Horns

5 Attachment(s)
Caps and jerseys

Eugene Church 05-24-2019 10:09 PM

Nah... don't think I'm gonna compete with those two guys.

EC doesn't like to finish in last place.:D

Hendu Style 05-25-2019 12:18 AM

Thank you everyone for the creative and “out of the park” designs! I can find a way to use them all for alt uniforms as well. I really appreciate it.

zdubbya13 05-25-2019 12:36 AM

I can't compete with txranger.

Clovidequano Dovatha 05-25-2019 12:38 AM

I'll keep working on the potential logo, so please stay tuned. CD out.

Hendu Style 05-25-2019 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zdubbya13 (Post 4492895)

He’s a first ballot hall of famer. I love your logos and jerseys and caps too though. Thank you so much!

Eugene Church 05-25-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zdubbya13 (Post 4492895)

Not too many ballplayers can compete with Ruth, Cobb, Williams and Musial either... txranger is really tough to compete with.

zdubbya, you did well... hope to see more from you in the future on the Graphics Forum.

I see you are creative... you did a very nice job... your work shows you have talent... keep posting your work.

I thought your logo, blue jersey and cap were really good... just my opinion, but maybe the jerseys could be improved if you had used HORNS... the other name is strange to me... but that's just me... liked the blue jersey... well done... the striped one was kind of cluttered for my taste...not a fan of stripes... also prefer angled team names... but I realize they were not made for me and that others might not like angled and prefer straight team names... I think if you had used Blue on the Striped Jersey for the team name and trimmed it with red and white, it would have better contrast and stand out on the game screens.

"Different strokes for different folks" really applies for OOTP Graphics.

zdubbya13 05-25-2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eugene Church (Post 4493005)
Not too many ballplayers can compete with Ruth, Cobb, Williams and Musial either... txranger is really tough to compete with.

zdubbya, you did well... hope to see more from you in the future on the Graphics Forum.

I see you are creative... you did a very nice job... your work shows you have talent... keep posting your work.

I thought your logo, blue jersey and cap were really good... just my opinion, but maybe the jerseys could be improved if you had used HORNS... the other name is strange to me... but that's just me... liked the blue jersey... well done... the striped one was kind of cluttered for my taste...not a fan of stripes... also prefer angled team names... but I realize they were not made for me and that others might not like angled and prefer straight team names... I think if you had used Blue on the Striped Jersey for the team name and trimmed it with red and white, it would have better contrast and stand out on the game screens.

"Different strokes for different folks" really applies for OOTP Graphics.

To be honest I almost slapped my palm to my forehead after I posted what I did and then re-read the original post and saw he wanted "HORNS" - for some strange reason I had it in my head he wanted pronghorns.

Clovidequano Dovatha 05-29-2019 10:46 PM

I'll have to get back to the Horns thing later, I think. May take a while, though. Until I'm done, please don't consider my idea ready for potential use, okay? CD out.