Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > Winnipeg59

Rate this Entry

FHM - Anatomy of a Trade initiated by Me

Submit "FHM - Anatomy of a Trade initiated by Me" to Digg Submit "FHM - Anatomy of a Trade initiated by Me" to del.icio.us Submit "FHM - Anatomy of a Trade initiated by Me" to StumbleUpon Submit "FHM - Anatomy of a Trade initiated by Me" to Google
Posted 01-08-2014 at 09:15 PM by Winnipeg59
Tags fhm

It's time to offer up someone in trade to see the process from that perspective. I am going to choose to add C Jokinen to the trade list to see what might happen. That is done by right-clicking on his name and simply choosing "Add to Trade List" as the option. If there are no takers, then I will manually try to initiate a trade with a team in a few days or a week.

Olli, by the way, is having a decent year with 2g-7a=9pts and with the team in 2nd place in their division normally it's not urgent to initiate a trade, I am doing this simply as an example of the process.

He is in the final year of his current contract however, currently making $4-million/year, so it's not that odd to put a veteran player on the block in his last year to see if we can find another piece or maybe a draft pick or two.

Flash forward a few days of simming and nothing has happened on the Jokinen front. Plus I suffer an injury at Centre when Brian Little went down for a couple of weeks. There did not appear to be an obvious notification that he was injured, I just happened to notice the little "red cross" next to his name when checking the lineups and then went to the Manager screen where it does remind you, passively, that you have an injured player and should check your lineups and injured list. So trading a centre right now is not a bright move, but let's try anyway.

First way of attempting this manually might be to go check the "Trade List" under the league tab to see who else might be available already. I can then filter if I am looking for specifics - I will try to trade for a comparable, but younger and lower cap hit, centre. C Brad Richardson of the Vancouver Canucks appears on the block. He's 28, so younger, and is contracted longer. He is not as high in potential and appears not to be in the Van lineup, if I read things correctly, so hopefully this is an easy process.

I offer Jokinen straight up and continue to sim games. I will point out that the "Streak" column in the standings has "-" listed for each team, so is clearly not being calculated at this time. And after simming several more days and games I haven't heard anything about the trade offer, so I go to Manager News and find that it was actually "Rejected/No Way" days earlier.

I discuss the trade again and offer Van my 5th round draft pick and ask for their 7th round in return.

Several days later I notice another message, I am not notified I actually see it float by in the message window. Another "No Way". So I discuss the trade again and remove their 7th pick and offer again.

Within two days I see another message that my trade has been "Accepted", so here it is:

I will not blindly conclude that the "Trade Block" isn't working yet because this transaction did need more than just a 1-to-1 in order to happen, so instead I'll just live with that. It would be very cool to have some kind of "Shop Around" feature to test the waters with trade bait, but I'm sure that will come in a future version of FHM. And I am left wondering how do I determine which team might be in need of a veteran centre?? It doesn't appear there is any way to determine the strengths, weaknesses and "needs" of other teams in the league. You do get a message when manually entering the trade process, but it would be more efficient, in my opinion, if you could easily determine who needs what, in a broad sense, before trying to pinpoint a trade partner. Again I am sure that will be coming in the future.

The Jets are now 11-7-2=24pts by the way and remain 2nd in the Conference but now trailing Vancouver by 6pts. Our trade partner!!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2911 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments