Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > History Campaign - All The Way From 1871
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

1875 - Season recap, awards and a pleasant surprise

Submit "1875 - Season recap, awards and a pleasant surprise" to Digg Submit "1875 - Season recap, awards and a pleasant surprise" to del.icio.us Submit "1875 - Season recap, awards and a pleasant surprise" to StumbleUpon Submit "1875 - Season recap, awards and a pleasant surprise" to Google
Posted 01-13-2017 at 10:41 AM by TheEquinox
Updated 01-13-2017 at 10:49 AM by TheEquinox

Alright, now that the season is over, there are a few things to report. First of all, the Boston Red Stockings have ceased to exist, after my owner decided to rename the club.

Please welcome the...

After all, that's a historically correct rename which was made in 1876 when the National League was founded, in order to avoid confusion with the Cincinatti Red Stockings (which are still called Cincinatti Reds in the game, though). So I'm fine with the new name. Hopefully, we'll be able to enter that name into the championship table soon!

Another thing worth mentioning is the first international amateur free agent's application for a spot in the MLB. This game is the first ever international free agent on the international amateur free agent market:

Obviously, we immediately offered this guy a 3-year contract - but as he's no doubt the best SP in the MLB now, half the league also offered him a contract. Fingers crossed, he'll make a decision for Boston!

Last but not least, some of our people picked up awards again, here they are:

Golden Gloves:

Platinum Sticks:

Hugh Campbell again couldn't pick up a second Cy Young Award:

Feels more and more like we have lost the race for the best SPs in both leagues. Looks like right now, just about any team has a better SP than we do. Another reason to hope we can sign that Taiwanese wonder-guy.

A nice outcome in the MVP awards:

After his somewhat weak season in 1874, Levi clearly deserved his 2nd MVP award after 1873 this year. His batting is back on old levels and I hope he will keep it up, as he's extremely important for any possibility of success in Boston! Baltimore's magnificient shortstop picking up the award for the third time after 1874 and 1871 is no surprise either. He's been a great asset to the Baltimore team since the creation of the MLB and the 'Orioles' will want to make sure he stays in Baltimore.

Bill Coello had won a lot of 'Rookie of the week' awards this year, so I hoped he could also pick up the season Rookie award, but sadly he failed to do so:

Two of the guys from this year's draft picked up the Rookie awards. Tricky Nichols seems to have had a good season as SP talent, while Charley Jones was that centre fielder I badly wanted to sign in the draft. The best talents currently move elsewhere, which is a major concern...

Finally, I won the Manager Of The Year award again. I think the decision is alright. After Boston's performance in 1874, not many would have bet their money on Boston making the playoffs this year, so I think even the Cleveland Manager will be able to live with this.

This concludes a busy 1875 season, will be back with 1876 draft, trades and initial rosters.
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments