Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Dynasty Blogs describing Out of the Park Baseball dynasties.
Old

Pre-Season 1872, Trades, First-Year Player Draft

Posted 11-05-2016 at 12:59 PM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)
Updated 11-05-2016 at 12:59 PM by TheEquinox (moved to proper blog categories)

Okay, long and picture heavy post coming up now. Several key trades and some nice captures in the draft which I think are worth mentioning.

I'll make a separate post for the final roster at the start of the 1872 season.

Okay, let's get started.

First trade was made right after the end of the 1871 Playoffs. And it was a big one:

Our englishman and RBI-hunter Al Reach was shipped...
Minors (Single A)
Views 1298 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

Season 1871 wrap-up

Posted 11-05-2016 at 03:32 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)
Updated 11-05-2016 at 03:38 AM by TheEquinox (moved to proper blog categories)

The first season in Major League Baseball history has come to an end.

While the Baltimore Canaries built up a large lead in the American League early on, the National League decision was open until the last game.

Here are the results of the 1871 regular season:

Boston lost the National League in the last two weeks of the season with two losses against a strong Chicago team.

Minors (Single A)
Views 1195 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

Mid-Season 1871

Posted 11-04-2016 at 01:19 PM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)

Hey there,

I'm back with the mid-season standings and some interesting developments.

First of all, there's something to celebrate in the first MLB season for the National League:

Wohoo, a narrow 9-8 win in the Allstars game! Some dude from Chicago picked up the MVP award, but there were sever Boston players involved as well:

Minors (Single A)
Views 1116 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

Inaugural Draft and Roster for Season 1871

Posted 11-04-2016 at 09:17 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)
Updated 11-04-2016 at 09:20 AM by TheEquinox (moved to proper blog categories)

Alright, the draft went alright, there's an excessive amount of quality batters but almost no useful pitchers.

Especially Starting Pitchers don't seem to exist in 1871, basically all pitchers are Relievers or Closers. A 1-man rotation seems to be standard, so I just picked the reliever with the most stamina and made him the #1 Starting Pitcher.

All in all, I think the pitching staff is terrible compared to the other teams, which is going to hurt in this season.
Minors (Single A)
Views 1173 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

History Campaign - All The Way From 1871

Posted 11-04-2016 at 07:49 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)
Updated 11-04-2016 at 09:19 AM by TheEquinox (moved to proper blog categories)

Welcome to my new career game!
Taking the route all the way from 1871 to present day!

I just started a new historical game in 1871, taking control of the Boston Red Stockings as GM+Manager.

I'll post about 2-3 blog entries per season, one displaying the final pro roster after trades are made and the new season starts, one after the regular season and before the playoffs (if any) and one at the end of each season.

Additionally, I might post another entry
Minors (Single A)
Views 929 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags