Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > darkcloud4579

Rate this Entry

On Firing...

Submit "On Firing..." to Digg Submit "On Firing..." to del.icio.us Submit "On Firing..." to StumbleUpon Submit "On Firing..." to Google
Posted 10-01-2009 at 09:51 PM by darkcloud4579

ON FIRINGS...

I took a cue from this thread about firings in multi-player to create a formula for myself to determine how I keep my job from year to year.

It's developed from the start of my career, though if I wanted to, I could start from scratch after each gig too. I'm not yet, but could in the future since I've had such a long career.

In any case, the formula starts like this:

(Season Wins + 50) - (Previous Season Wins + 75)

After that first season, it's like this:

(Season Wins + Playoff Bonus + Previous Yr Score) - (Previous Season Wins + 75)

If a team wins over 100 games, the bonus you get for making the 1st round of the playoffs is negated. The playoff bonuses are:

1st round: 50
2nd round: 100
League Finalist: 150
Champion: 300

So over my fairly long career, I've won 3 titles and made the finals six times. Still, at present I only have 157 points.

The reason? I've been on a team that's won a lot, so if you can't maintain that standard in the post-season, then your numbers dwindle quickly and you're in jeopardy of losing your job. Once you're in the negative, you lose your job.

For instance, if I managed to win 92 games this year and miss the playoffs (unlikely, but go with it) and won 87 games next year and did the same thing, I'd get fired.

But that's really because I've built up quite a bit of credit over the years. I wasn't using this formula until now, but had I been using it earlier in my career, I'd have been canned twice. In 1802 after seasons of 73 wins, 71 wins and 70 wins in Victoria and again in 1808 after seasons of 75, 68, 64 and 77 wins in Victoria (and mind you, during that time I had a title and a finals appearance the following year. So I'd have been fired four years after making the title series.)

So the formula is neat, a nice solo twist and I'm going to start using it now. If you want the excel spreadsheet I made, lemme know and I'll upload it.
Posted in Dynasty
Views 5663 Comments 2 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    That is a pretty cool little twist. If you could upload the spreadsheet that would be great, it sounds like a neat thing to try.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Comment
    That is a pretty cool little twist. If you could upload the spreadsheet that would be great, it sounds like a neat thing to try.

Here's a link to it right here.