Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > battists
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

Riot Tales 2: A Brief Reunion

Submit "Riot Tales 2: A Brief Reunion" to Digg Submit "Riot Tales 2: A Brief Reunion" to del.icio.us Submit "Riot Tales 2: A Brief Reunion" to StumbleUpon Submit "Riot Tales 2: A Brief Reunion" to Google
Posted 09-19-2009 at 08:14 PM by battists
Updated 09-19-2009 at 10:03 PM by battists

"I can't thank you enough, Pat," Harris Anderson said, on his way back from the kitchen with two open Coors Lights. He handed one to his guest. In the corner of the room, a ram-rod straight gentleman with dark glasses and a suit took a step forward in concern. Former President Hain waved him away impatiently.

"For Chrissakes, Bob, he's been my best friend for 20 years, he's not going to poison me with cheap beer!" he said. He rolled his eyes comically at Anderson and took a swig. "I thought I'd be rid of these guys when I left office, but these days they want to protect you until you're in the grave. Anyway, don't mention it. You were always the smartest ballplayer I knew, even if you couldn't hit a breaking ball to save your life." He winked and sat back with a sigh.

Harris laughed and tipped his beer in thanks. "Still, just 'cause I'm smart doesn't mean I'll make a good GM. It's been a while since I've been in these circles. I know you're putting your neck on the line for me." He paused thoughtfully. "All kidding aside, Pat, I didn't think I'd ever get a chance like this after what happened to the MLB. And in my hometown, no less. It's going to be a lot of work, but it's going to be a blast. You'd better get your ass to a few of our games!"

"Depends who you pick, Harris. Don't make me look bad, either. It's bad enough that Bill's the head honcho. Did they have the lottery yet?"

Harris shook his head, mid-swallow. "Tomorrow. Wish me luck. Although, part of me hopes I end up in the middle somewhere. A little less pressure there."

Patrick Hain got to his feet with a sigh, and nodded to the guard. "Well Harris, I'm glad I was able to see you for a few minutes at least. I'd better hit the road. My plane leaves for L.A. in a while, and you know what the security lines are like these days..."

Harris nodded and stood to bid his friend farewell. As the two men embraced, Patrick Hain whispered into his former teammate's ear, "Oh, and just one other thing, Harris?"

"What's that?"

"Just make sure you beat those bastards from New York!" The former President of the United States winked at his friend, and slipped out the door.
Posted in Dynasty
Views 2862 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments