Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs

Old

Mission accomplished

Posted 05-30-2010 at 06:27 PM by His Own Bad Self

I guess this fulfills my intent to post at least one item for every team.

Greinke's out hurt, so Callaspo's the Royals representative. Seattle has three starting pitchers in there... didn't notice that until now.

Brandon Webb's healthy... that's different. Probably the one that most stands out is Flores for Washington... you'd think Zimmerman would make it instead.

OK, I guess Cliff Pennington as an All-Star is pretty surprising, too.

Am I the...
All Star Starter
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2641 Comments 0 His Own Bad Self is offline Edit Tags
Old

And now for something completely different...

Posted 05-16-2010 at 05:25 AM by His Own Bad Self
Tags fm 2010

Well, where else will I write about things that aren't OOTP-related?

I have a Football Manager 2010 career going, which would explain the two-week delay between postings on my OOTP dynasty thread. Coaching Worcester, somehow I have the team sitting in third place in Conference South, and the only unbeaten team remaining (4 wins, 4 draws). We were picked to finish 20th before the season began. Needless to say, I'm alternately pleased and stunned. It would be even better if I understood...
All Star Starter
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2310 Comments 0 His Own Bad Self is offline Edit Tags
Old

Win now

Posted 05-16-2010 at 05:11 AM by His Own Bad Self

You decide whether you believe that the Royals are really that good, or that the AL Central is really that mediocre. As long as the Royals are actually planning on spending money and being proactive at the trade deadline, more power to them. I just don't expect this to last. Why would it, especially if Greinke's out of action for too long?
All Star Starter
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2275 Comments 0 His Own Bad Self is offline Edit Tags
Old

Fired

Posted 05-02-2010 at 08:03 PM by His Own Bad Self

So Charlie Manuel's out already? What have you done for me lately...

Needless to say, as the game goes, I think this is more than a little strange. Yeah, I know, a team that's supposed to win 95 games is .500 through two months. Is that such a huge problem?

In any case, it's not as shaky as the replacement the Phillies hired the following day: Gary Robinson, who was fresh off of a 12-44 stint with the Pirates' short season Single-A team, the State College Spikes. Really?...
All Star Starter
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2340 Comments 0 His Own Bad Self is offline Edit Tags
Old

Ichiro

Posted 05-02-2010 at 04:22 AM by His Own Bad Self

Ichiro is just interesting. He's the most successful player to cross over from Japan to the United States, he started his MLB career at 27, he was both the AL Rookie of the Year and the MVP for a 116-win team, he's been an All-Star and a Gold Glove winner in each of his nine full seasons so far, but I don't know what to make of him.

Ichiro is... well, not exactly one-dimensional. He can field well, and is an excellent baserunner. He does lack power, though, or if he can hit for...
All Star Starter
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2253 Comments 0 His Own Bad Self is offline Edit Tags