Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > battists

Rate this Entry

Riot Tales 5: The Big Decision

Submit "Riot Tales 5: The Big Decision" to Digg Submit "Riot Tales 5: The Big Decision" to del.icio.us Submit "Riot Tales 5: The Big Decision" to StumbleUpon Submit "Riot Tales 5: The Big Decision" to Google
Posted 09-23-2009 at 09:57 PM by battists
Updated 09-23-2009 at 10:05 PM by battists

"Yeah? Great, we look forward to seeing him in a Riot uniform, Bob!"

Harris hung up the phone and turned to Mo Jackson.

"OK, it's a done deal, we've got Lucifer in the fold," he gave a tired smile, "but it won't be cheap, that's for sure. We'll have to be careful with our dollars. It's still weird to think of baseball with a salary cap, ain't it?'

Jackson nodded.

"The kid's worth it, though, Harris. He's gonna strike out everyone in the league, you mark my words."

"I hope so, Mo, I certainly hope so. Let's get a few hours of sleep before tomorrow."

"With the first pick in the inaugural New World Baseball League draft, the Philadelphia Riot select . . . " A hush fell across the crowd.

"Starting pitcher from Westmont, Illinois, David Edwards!"

A chant of "LU-CI-FER, LU-CI-FER!" arose from the crowd at the Center, courtesy of a small crowd of rabid Philadelphia fans who had made the trek up to New York for the draft. Smiles and handshakes ensued, as owner Meg Heffernan stood next to the 6'2" southpaw as he held up a Riot uniform with the number 33 on it.

Over the course of the next several hours, the other teams also made their first selections:

San Diego Tsunami - SS Mike Fullerton
Boston Irish - CF Beau Jamison
Seattle Steam - RF Juan Rosales
San Francisco Stallions - LF Randy Erickson
Washington Warriors - Rich Ranby
New York Ninjas - SS Tim Miller
Los Angeles Lancers - 3B Kent Gilbert

With the draft being serpentine, Round 2 continued, and Harris and Mo sat watching the process, trying to figure out who would be left for them when their next pick came around...

Finally, it was their turn again, and they'd have an opportunity to pick two consecutive players...
Posted in Dynasty
Views 16518 Comments 3 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Recommended picks gratefully accepted. I get two picks in a row now, with a grand total of one SP in the fold.
  2. Old Comment
    John 'Whizzer' Medina has awesome contact, gap and power ratings - only problem is he is 32 years old - you might get a few good (but expensive) years out of him.
  3. Old Comment
    Yeah, after a quick look-through, Medina is possibly tops on my list.

I'm torn, because there are not many good catchers at all. There are two highly-rated catchers, but neither of them are all THAT great. So, I'd like to grab one, because I don't to end up with a sucky one, but there are much better players available overall...