Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > battists

Rate this Entry

Riot Tales 3: Ping Pong Balls of Fate

Submit "Riot Tales 3: Ping Pong Balls of Fate" to Digg Submit "Riot Tales 3: Ping Pong Balls of Fate" to del.icio.us Submit "Riot Tales 3: Ping Pong Balls of Fate" to StumbleUpon Submit "Riot Tales 3: Ping Pong Balls of Fate" to Google
Posted 09-19-2009 at 11:27 PM by battists
Updated 09-20-2009 at 01:47 AM by battists

Ping pong balls bounced crazily in their air-filled plastic container, like trapped insects frantically looking for a way out. NWBL Commissioner Bill Hain looked around at the eight newly-minted owners, and grinned.

"We ready to do this?" he asked.

"You got my check, right, Bill?" quipped Wallace Harney, the new owner of the Boston Irish. A rumble of laughter carried around the room. Hain adjusted his tie, stepped up to the podium next to the machine, and spoke.

"Ladies and gentlemen, there are eight ping pong balls in here, each labeled with the name of one of your franchises. The first franchise that I select will receive the eighth pick in the first round of the draft. The inaugural draft will be fifty rounds, and follow a serpentine format. That means that the first team I select will draft eighth in all odd-numbered rounds, and first in all even-numbered rounds." Hain paused significantly. "Here we go..."

Hain stepped up to the machine and pulled out one ball, turning it several times, he spoke clearly, "The eight pick in the inaugural draft will go to the Los Angeles Lancers!" There were a variety of sighs of relief. Billionaire venture capitalist Ken Moritani looked away in disgust. The New York Ninjas were called next, followed by the Washington Warriors.

With just two balls left, the owners of the Philadelphia Riot and the San Diego Tsunami laughed and shook hands.

"May the best man win," laughed San Diego's Ron Toland.

"I sure hope not," replied the owner of the Philadelphia Riot, Megan Heffernan, with a smile. Hain stepped to the machine again and drew a ball. He looked up.

"The San Diego Tsunami will receive the second pick in the draft, which means that Meg Heffernan and the Philadelphia Riot will select first at tomorrow's draft." A round of applause echoed through the room. When the noise had settled, Hain wrapped up the conference fairly quickly. A cadre of assistants were already working on various handheld devices, passing along instructions to team staff. There was much hobnobbing and pressing of the flesh as the owners talked excitedly about the NWBL.

Meg Heffernan stepped into the hallway and made a call.

"Harris, it's Meg. I hope you've gotten your beauty rest. You're on the clock as of now. I'll see you tomorrow."

NWBL Inaugural Draft Order, Round 1
1. Philadelphia Riot

2. San Diego Tsunami

3. Boston Irish

4. Seattle Steam

5. San Francisco Stallions

6. Washington Warriors

7. New York Ninjas

8. Los Angeles Lancers
Posted in Dynasty
Views 13917 Comments 2 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Just dropping a comment in to "test" the new system!

Actually, I might do this for myself in a very informal fashion
  2. Old Comment
    What, as compared to my "tux only" blog here?