Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > History Campaign - All The Way From 1871

History Campaign - All The Way From 1871
Old

1878 - MidSeason Update

Posted 03-23-2017 at 08:40 PM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)
Updated 03-24-2017 at 04:22 AM by TheEquinox

Half the season is over and we're doing well so far. But first of all, there is a trade I have to mention first:

Our ex-shortstop Mike McGeary, who had returned to Boston at the start of the season, just didn't work out at all. He hit an AVG of .188 and produced loads of field errors, so I decided to look for a different solution. I found it in Lou Say, one of the best shortstops of the last few seasons. I struggled...
Minors (Single A)
Views 7365 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

1878 - Trades and Opening Day Roster

Posted 03-20-2017 at 11:03 PM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)

Welcome back to a new season. The year is 1878 and everybody in Boston is ready for a new title! Especially my owner, who wants me to build a dynasty - whatever that means - but I guess some more titles would be a step in the right direction.

Let's have a look at our key trades this season:

This looked like a no-brainer to me. Right fielder Kevin Hodges seems to be just what I'm missing in my roster,...
Minors (Single A)
Views 4492 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

1877 - Awards Part2

Posted 03-20-2017 at 06:44 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)

Rookies of the Year:

American League:

23 games and a WAR of 1.0 were enough for Bill Harbridge to grab the award in the American League. Interesting player with 4/4.5 stars at the age of 22 already, especially in the right field, were we are a little shorthanded. Will probably try to make a deal here, but I guess he'll be expensive.

National League:

Minors (Single A)
Views 4504 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

1877 - Awards Part1

Posted 03-20-2017 at 06:44 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)

Here are the awards for the 1877 season:

Golden Glove Awards:

American League:

It's a little surprising to see 5 Baltimore players here, given the dominance of Cleveland in the last few years. Maybe a contender is rising here?

National League:

Only one of our players grabbed an award here. Red...
Minors (Single A)
Views 3926 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

1877 - Season end

Posted 03-20-2017 at 04:43 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)

The season is over and, against all odds, it turned out to be close in the end. In the second half of the season, some of our key players found back their normal form and we managed to close up to the Cincinnati Reds in the table.

After game 50, everything seemed possible:

We had a great run there, sitting 2nd in the power ranking behind Cleveland for almost the entire 2nd half of the regular season....
Minors (Single A)
Views 3851 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags