Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs

Dynasty Blogs describing Out of the Park Baseball dynasties.
Old

1873 - Trades and Opening Day Roster

Posted 11-07-2016 at 01:30 PM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)

The spring training is over, it's opening day 1873. Another 50 matches against Chicago, Brooklyn and Cincinatti are ahead of us.

I've made a change to the game settings, I changed the star ratings to be relative to the MLB instead of absolute. I don't think it should really make a difference, because there are no international leagues yet (and I'm not sure there will be any in a history game) - so I think both settings should yield the same results. But I was wrong. The new setting...
Minors (Single A)
Views 1253 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

Season 1872 wrap-up

Posted 11-07-2016 at 04:50 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)
Updated 11-07-2016 at 04:51 AM by TheEquinox (moved to proper blog categories)

Another season is in the books. Surprisingly, this season had 50 games instead of 30. I didn't see that coming, but after all, my last 'mid-season' post was a bit too early I guess.

Whatever, lets have a look at the regular season results first:

Once again, we managed to end the season with a positive W/L ratio, but we didn't really stand a chance against Chicago this time. This is mostly due to an injury...
Minors (Single A)
Views 1217 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

1872 Midseason

Posted 11-06-2016 at 08:02 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)
Updated 11-06-2016 at 08:03 AM by TheEquinox (moved to proper blog categories)

Okay, 15 of 30 ballgames are played, and things went really unlucky so far. Many close Ls 9-8, 7-6 a.s.o. have sent us to 3rd position in the NL:

Levi is getting his job done again, the other positive surprise so far is the new SP Candy Cummings, who did much better in his first season than I had feared. Many others didn't perform so far, so I made a few roster adjustment in the mid-season:

Minors (Single A)
Views 1267 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

1872 Opening Day Roster

Posted 11-06-2016 at 04:35 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)
Updated 11-06-2016 at 04:36 AM by TheEquinox (moved to proper blog categories)

Hello there,

Opening Day is here and the final rosters are set up. Let's take a look at the changes. First of all, the new pitching staff:

I decided to send about half of our RPs back to the minor system, as 1-man rotations are still common in the MLB and with just one game every 1 or 2 weeks, we certainly don't need so many different pitchers. Whether or not the new season is going to be successful...
Minors (Single A)
Views 1302 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

Golden Glove, Platinum Stick, A triple crown and the Manager of the Year

Posted 11-05-2016 at 01:22 PM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)
Updated 11-05-2016 at 01:23 PM by TheEquinox (moved to proper blog categories)

Here's another quick post, still related to the 1871 season.

I forgot to add the season awards to my 1871 season wrap up, so here we go.

Here's the Platinum Sticks:

Levi grabbing the award for the 3B position isn't really a surprise. As the best AVG hitter in the young MLB history, this was a no-brainer. However, it's a little sad, he was the only one in our team who was honored here. Something...
Minors (Single A)
Views 1580 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags