Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > Lets Fire Dusty- The Reds 2010
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

This will be a blog about starting the Reds in 2010 and beyond
Rate this Entry

Diary-----april 2nd and 3rd

Submit "Diary-----april 2nd and 3rd" to Digg Submit "Diary-----april 2nd and 3rd" to del.icio.us Submit "Diary-----april 2nd and 3rd" to StumbleUpon Submit "Diary-----april 2nd and 3rd" to Google
Posted 05-14-2010 at 02:28 PM by beachbomer

4/3/10- BASEBALL AMERICA CAME OUT TODAY AND WE HAVE 2 PLAYERS ON THE TOP 100 LIST. AROLDIS CHAPMAN WAS 7TH ON THE LIST WHILE LOUISVILLE TEAMMATE MIKE LEAKE WAS 46TH. OVERALL THEY HAD OUR MINOR LEAGUE SYSTEM 13TH OVERALL.

4/3/10- OWNER ROBERT CASTELLINI SENT ME A MESSAGE TODAY STATING HE HAS A GOAL FOR THIS SEASON. HIS GOAL IS TO FINISH OVER .500 AND WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO ACHIEVE A WINNING SEASON. WE I CAN LIVE WITH THAT.

4/2/10- I DECIDED TO GO DOWN TO LOUISVILLE AND TALKED TO OUR HITTING COACH ADRIAN GARRETT IN PERSON. SINCE I HAD NEVER MET HIM, I WAS SUPRISED AT HOW THE 67YR OLD GARRETT LOOKED. HE LOOKED MORE LIKE 57 AND HAD WAS AN OLD SCHOOL BASEBALL GUY. WHEN
TOLD OF MY DECISION TO MOVE HIM TO SINGLE A LYNCHBURG, HE WAS OBVIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED AND LET ME KNOW ABOUT IT. AFTER NOT CONVINCING HIM THAT I WANTED HIM TO WORK WITH 1B NEFTALI SOTO, I SAID MY GOODBYE'S AND HEADED BACK TO CINCY. I DECIDED TO NOT RETURN LOUISVILLE MANAGER RICK SWEET'S PHONE CALL. I KNEW SWEET AND GARRETT HAD BEEN FRIENDS FOR MANY YEARS AND THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE HIM A DAY TO COOL OFF.

4/2/10- I AM GETTING TO KNOW MY STAFF AND SETTLING IN TO MY OFFICE AS THE SEASON STARTS. MY 1ST THOUGHT OF MY MANAGER 60YR OLD DUSTY BAKER HAS NOT CHANGED. I JUST THINK HE IS A BAD FIT. BAKER IS OUTSTANDING WITH VETERANS BUT THIS IS A YOUNG TEAM AND I JUST DONT FEEL HE IS QUITE AS GOOD WITH OUR KIDS. HE IS SIGNED THRU 2013 FOR $770K A YEAR SO CASTALLINI IS NOT GOING TO WANT TO HEAR ABOUT MY THOUGHTS ON HIM.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1066 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments