Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs

Old

What's the Lag with Suspensions?

Posted 03-21-2024 at 11:01 AM by PutIntoPlay

Suspensions happen in OOTP for realistic reasons - fighting, brawls, and all that comes with it.

But why on earth is there STILL not an option for the team to appeal, or better yet, a function whereby the PA comes in and appeals it on behalf of the player?

We see this all the time; players get suspended for six games, and appeal. The suspension gets reduced by three.

Players file an appeal, serve their suspension while waiting, and then we never hear...
Bat Boy
Posted in OOTP
Views 1188 Comments 0 PutIntoPlay is offline Edit Tags
Old

American Independent Baseball League - COMING SOON

Posted 05-30-2021 at 03:21 AM by IBA2019

I'm making an new baseball leagues on OOTP 22, called "American Independent Baseball League". But the bad news is, I'm not great with ideas very well, and I need your help.

Northern Division:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Pacific Division:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Southern Division:
-
-
-
Bat Boy
Posted in OOTP
Views 6833 Comments 0 IBA2019 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Pitching, Instruction, and Coaching

Posted 04-24-2017 at 01:31 PM by PutIntoPlay

I've eluded to this before, and I think now is a good time to present a more detailed version of this idea. I've noted that this has come up in a number of ways throughout the forums, but not altogether.

When it comes to pitchers, there's a lot to consider. And this game captures the idea of pitcher quality quite well. Being fair, it lacks capturing the nuance that goes into quality.

There are a number of ways that pitchers develop into peak performers, no matter where...
Bat Boy
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 21422 Comments 0 PutIntoPlay is offline Edit Tags
Old

The Season is Underway

Posted 04-20-2017 at 03:40 PM by PutIntoPlay

Baseball in the DC area is weird to be around.

For the record, I'm originally from Seattle, but grew up a Cubs fan. My dad grew up in the Chicagoland area in the depression era, and managed to have a chance encounter with Wrigley's son, and ended up getting to hang around The Field in the early 40's prior to his departure for the Army.

Hearing all those cool stories of yesteryear got in my brain, and growing up, Chicago had these two guys who were far more interesting...
Bat Boy
Posted in OOTP
Views 9409 Comments 0 PutIntoPlay is offline Edit Tags
Old

Season #2 Spring Training Games 2 Days Away!

Posted 11-14-2011 at 11:06 PM by wbrukie (StatesLeague.com)

StatesLeague.com

The second season of the SLCBA will kickoff in 2 days with the beginning of spring training games.

Many experts are predicting that defending National Champion California will not repeat, with most agreeing that Arizona will wrestle the Pacific title from the Sun, while there are a few that feel the Washington Olympians will be the new Pacific king.

Every division is expected to have tight, competitive races while 3 of the 6 divisions are predicted...
Minors (Single A)
Posted in OOTP
Views 2305 Comments 0 wbrukie is offline Edit Tags