Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > dickysty
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

Blue Claw's Use Long Ball to Rally Past The Pilgrims.

Submit "Blue Claw's Use Long Ball to Rally Past The Pilgrims." to Digg Submit "Blue Claw's Use Long Ball to Rally Past The Pilgrims." to del.icio.us Submit "Blue Claw's Use Long Ball to Rally Past The Pilgrims." to StumbleUpon Submit "Blue Claw's Use Long Ball to Rally Past The Pilgrims." to Google
Posted 05-22-2011 at 11:24 PM by dickysty

Name:  Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 9.49.14 PM.png
Views: 202
Size:  40.1 KB

It's seemed like the Blue Claw's offense was going to take the night off, however it finally awoke in the bottom of the ninth.

Bernie Castillo walked to start the bottom of the ninth. Pilgrim's Reliever Hae-Young Park couldn't seem to find the plate and after throwing a wild pitch to Aristobula Ferrer , Aristobula took the next pitch out of the park to knot the game at three a piece.

In the top of the 10th, Blue Claw's MR Dan Pace struggled to hold the tie. He gave up a leadoff double to Lowell Cobb and then did retire Conan Parkinson on a bloop fly. Dan Pace then gave up a single to Josue Jurado, fell behind the count to Carlos Gabriel, but he was able to get Carlos to expand the zone and he swung at ball four. After intentional walking Steve Gagne he was able to get CF Perry Oliver (.107) to strike out swinging.

Blue Claw's Roberto Martinez doubled to open up the bottom of the tenth. Sam Hale then sac bunted Martinez to 3rd. Vic Branson, still pitching intentional walked Wilbert McCarthy, and then Right Fielder Bernie Castillo made good on his first start since June 2nd. It didn't look good for Bernie as he was 0 for 3 with 3 K's, until the bottom of the Tenth when he took a MR Vic Branson deep. Vic Branson got behind in the count and Bernie ripped it over the wall in Left.

It was looking like a three game sweep for the boys from Mass, but the Claw's came up big and put one in the win column.

Coming up the Claws travel to the Lowcountry Gators for a three game weekend set.

Box Score :

Name:  Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 9.48.42 PM.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  103.8 KB

Claw's News and Notes :

Wilbert McCarthy - walked another 3 times tonight. That gives him 63 for the season. The next closet player is Houston's SS Alex Huff with 51.

SP Pedro Ramirez - had completed his rehab assigment from rotator cuff inflammation and will rejoin the team tomorrow.

The 23 yr old has been oft injured through out his young career. He looks to rebound back to his rookie season in 03, when he went 15-5.
Ramirez last pitched on March 25th.

League News and Notes :

Phoenix SP Lawrence Smith 68/68 shutout Los Angeles. Lawrence struck out 9 walking none.

LF- Georgia Rattlesnake Joe Butler 74/77 has a 20 game hit streak.

Trade News

Washington Federals Send :

SP- Juan Angel (23 yr old) 59/59

Los Angeles Whales Send :

MR- Tomas Blanca 25 yr old 77/77

Reaction - I like the trade, well I think it's a good trade for Washington. Washington strengthens their Bullpen for the second half of the season. I don't like the trade because they're in our division.
For LA they get a 5th stater in my book, but he can log some innings and his young. He's going to be making a big jump. He's now in the rotation having never pitched in AAA. This could be interesting to watch.

Lowcountry Gators Send :

3B - Phil Russell 28 yr old 51/68

San Diego Sunshine Send :

MR- David Burraclough 29 yr old 33/34 AA
2B- Hebert Steven 22 yr old 20/26 AAA

Reaction- Not much to see here. Phil Russell is hitting .193 in 140 AB. Not sure what San Diego sees in him. S.D really didn't give anything up I guess. Hebert Steven may turn in to something for the Gators, but I have my doubts.

Leagues Top Batters :

Name:  Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 11.19.41 PM.png
Views: 666
Size:  85.8 KB
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1848 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments