Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > battists

Rate this Entry

Riot Tales 6: The Riot Organization

Submit "Riot Tales 6: The Riot Organization" to Digg Submit "Riot Tales 6: The Riot Organization" to del.icio.us Submit "Riot Tales 6: The Riot Organization" to StumbleUpon Submit "Riot Tales 6: The Riot Organization" to Google
Posted 09-24-2009 at 11:08 PM by battists

January 3, 2080 (Philadelphia, PA)

Harris Anderson sat together with Winston Alvarez and Ramon Velasco at the front of the lecture hall. In the seats were fifty baseball players ranging in age from 17 to 34, decked out in suits and ties and generally looking like fish out of water. Harris cleared his throat to speak, and the microphone blared feedback, eliciting cringes around the room. A tech hustled over to make a small adjustment. Harris looked guiltily down at the device, and forged ahead.

"I want to thank you all for coming here today. The fifty of you represent the entire Philadelphia Riot organization as it stands today, and we look forward to getting to work. I know you'd rather be out on the field, but there's a lot of stuff we need to go through. It's been a long time since there's been professional baseball in Philadelphia." Harris paused and took a breath.

"All of you should have received your assignments by now. To my right here is Winston Alvarez. He'll be managing the Riot this year. Winston pitched for fifteen years in the Major Leagues, with Kansas City, Baltimore, and New York. In 2045 he won the Cy Young award. He won 24 games that year, so he knows a thing or two about pitching, and a thing or two about winning." Winston nodded gravely at the crowd.

"To my left is Ramon Velasco. He'll be managing the Dover Blackbirds. Ramon was one of the top hitting prospects in the Detroit Tigers' organization when the MLB was disbanded." Ramon smiled gamely.

"I'm Harris Anderson, and I'm the general manager here. I think I got us a good bunch of players to start, but I'll keep working to improve the team. You'll meet the rest of the staff at the field. Now, some of you will be here for a good long time, I hope. Others, well, you all know that baseball's a business, and players come and go. If you end up moving on, I hope you'll leave here respecting us and saying that the Riot run a top-notch organization." Harris paused and looked around the room.

"I wish each and every one of you the best of luck. Now, I'll turn you over to Elizabeth, who needs to cover some of the administrative details..."

Harris and the other two men stepped down from the stage and headed out into the hallway, while Elizabeth launched into details about payroll, human resources, and lunch vouchers.

"Looks good on paper, Harris," Alvarez spoke up, "but I can't wait to see what they got in person."

"Won't be too long now, Winston. Two months until Spring Training starts!"

Philadelphia Riot Roster | Dover Blackbirds AAA Roster | Inaugural Draft Log
Posted in Dynasty
Views 16630 Comments 4 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    You'll be right if you can start Lucifer every day. :P
  2. Old Comment
    I dunno, every time I start a league, my first pick seems to suck. I'm terrible at this game.
  3. Old Comment
    I hate to say it but I think that rotation is going to be the downfall for the Riots ... good luck!
  4. Old Comment
    You know, I've been working on a "preseason review," and I think I might agree with you. I think I waited one slot two long before picking up a second starter, at least. *sigh*

Well, there are always trades! Or, uh, high draft picks!