Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > PutIntoPlay

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Things I didn't know

Submit "Things I didn't know" to Digg Submit "Things I didn't know" to del.icio.us Submit "Things I didn't know" to StumbleUpon Submit "Things I didn't know" to Google
Posted 10-02-2016 at 10:02 PM by PutIntoPlay

Firstly, I doubt anyone will actually read this. If someone does, I figure five seconds will be the maximum.

Baseball is a sport that I fully admire from the fan experience. I could have played it growing up, and probably enjoyed it, but I chose to pursue another sport involving sticks and fast moving objects, and took that a peak that many wish they could.

At any rate, I'll probably just write my fully functional nerd reports about my experience with OOTP.

Some background on me. I started with 15, so I'm relatively new, and probably don't have the time in that veteran managers do, and currently I play 16. I didn't buy 17. I felt like I had a lot more to do with 16 when it came out, and I don't get to play as much as I'd like for what I try to do with the game.

At any rate, the year passed by with 16, then the year of 17 passed by, and I was away in my own world of how to turn around bad teams, how to start a team from scratch, how to structure contracts, how to evaluate who was valuable in the long term, and who was bust, even when productive.

Much like following stocks, I was in a lab experimenting for a long time. Figuring out scenarios, try to forecast certain performance. It's been fun.

At any rate, I'm fully invested for 18, and will be jumping on the purchase as soon as it comes out, save for some mass emergency that comes my way.

I hope that some of the things I'd like to see are included. With my luck, they won't be.

I'll try to write something interesting in this space. I have to thank the OOTP staff for including this space in our profiles. That's a very forward thinking move on their part, and shows how much they strive to interact with their customers.

Regardless of the things I'd like to see, I really like the game, for a guy like me that follows numbers it's a great distraction from real life.

Later!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10598 Comments 2 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
  2. Old Comment
    Thanks for stopping by!