Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Dynasty Blogs describing Out of the Park Baseball dynasties.
Old

1876 - World Series Game 1

Posted 01-17-2017 at 04:34 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)
Updated 01-17-2017 at 05:20 AM by TheEquinox

Lineups:

Our first game at home saw both teams start out slowly. In the first two innings, both pitchers did an excellent job and didn't allow a single hit. Only in the bottom of the 3rd, it was Orator Shafer who was able to break the walls with a nice hit through the middle. A throwing error in a pickoff attempt allowed him to advance to second base from where he was batted in by George Hall with a nice single...
Minors (Single A)
Views 1447 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

1876 - Playoff Rosters, Huge blow for Cleveland!

Posted 01-17-2017 at 03:49 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)

Here we are again, back in the World Series, once again up against our rivals from Cleveland. A quick look at the Cleveland Playoff Roster shows they're in big trouble this time:

While they will surely rely on their batting stars like Jim A Devlin, Jim 'Deathblow' Brooks and Cap Anson, they also got a good contact hitter and a familiar face on the right field position. Carlos Tamayo, who had left Boston in the...
Minors (Single A)
Views 1439 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

1876 - Regular Season Results

Posted 01-16-2017 at 11:32 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)

There we go, the regular season is over. At the risk of revealing too much here already, this season had 61 games instead of the usual 60. You'll know why after a look at the final results:

Right, we needed to win 1 game against Cincinnati at the end in order to secure the playoff spot, but we lost em both. When I left the stadium after the final loss, I was sure Chicago had smashed Brooklyn without too many...
Minors (Single A)
Views 1304 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

1876 - Hot Title race and record hunting

Posted 01-16-2017 at 05:15 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)

I thought I'd post another update out of sequence, because there are some things worth reporting.

51 out of 60 games are played and we've got the most exciting title fight in the NL so far:

When the Chicago White Stockings' pitcher Al Pratt returned from his injury, they were able to close the gap and turned the National League decision into a triple fight this year. Our own pitcher, Yin Xù got a little...
Minors (Single A)
Views 1390 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

1876 - Midseason Recap

Posted 01-15-2017 at 08:45 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)

Heyho,

the first half of the season is in the books. We could have done better but we're still in contention. In fact, when I look at the individual stats of some of my most important players, I wonder why I'm not far ahead in the league yet. Many innings with 3 hits and no runs so far, so I'd say tough luck...

But lets look at some of those individuals I've mentioned. The first one worth mentioning is Levy Meyerle. He's having his best season so far, hitting an incredible...
Minors (Single A)
Views 1337 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags