Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > darkcloud4579

Rate this Entry

The road ahead..my first offseason

Submit "The road ahead..my first offseason" to Digg Submit "The road ahead..my first offseason" to del.icio.us Submit "The road ahead..my first offseason" to StumbleUpon Submit "The road ahead..my first offseason" to Google
Posted 08-24-2015 at 02:21 PM by darkcloud4579
Updated 08-24-2015 at 02:33 PM by darkcloud4579

NOVEMBER 12, 2141

So it's kinda weird looking at a team and trying to figure out how good they're gonna be. It's the offseason and I'm trying to find something to latch onto and get excited about.

This team moved because they stopped being good and I think they're hoping that if us faithful New Englanders are looking for a team of their own to root for or whatever. But this team isn't that great to root for, right now.

The last winning season in Memphis was eight years ago. PLAYOFFS? 13.

That's what you get when you don't spend any money and have a really small payroll. Are the owners ready to pony up some cash to make this dream work?

Bryan Fortside is the majority owner of the Grocers, he's the magnate of the Brattleboro Grocery Co, a large grocery chain that has proliferated throughout New England, so everybody knows the Brattleboro name and it was the reason he insisted on this name.

The city managed to get season tickets sold to the tune of 40,000 plus a waiting list into the next three years. People are excited about baseball here and really that ANYTHING has bothered to show up here to the tune of a major league sports team. The proximity of the city to so many other places has made me think this could actually work.

But did I mention how bad this team is?

Maybe not BAD but average. Just not good. I think the offseason will probably be pretty boring and not a lot will happen. You'd expect them to try to make a splash because there is not going to be a long honeymoon with this team if they're bad forever, but this team was the worst drawing team in all of baseball last year, so there's truly nowhere to go but up.

Can't wait to see who they sign in the off-season. HOT STOVE BASEBALL GOTTA LOVE IT.
Views 5933 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments